Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayla
Devoted September 2017 Alberta

Any tips on how not to cry?

Kayla, on August 15, 2017 at 17:35 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20

So, i'm a crier when it comes to weddings. I don't want o sob at my own.

Anyone have any tips on how to control the crying? Or am i doomed? lol

20 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on September 4, 2017 at 14:18
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea for the crying Smiley cry

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol you're doomed. Your crying will get everyone else crying. just go with it and try to cry pretty, water proof mascara needed for sure!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I cry at anything and everything (I even cried when our first dance song came on in the car) so my FH and I are doing a first look before the ceremony and our photographer is going to capture the private moment for us. That way I hope that all the first time jitters of seeing each other are out of the way and we can be excited that the next time I see him he will be my husband!

Other than that lots of tissue and hopefully making the vows light hearted and a little comedic.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know I'm doomed! I cry at everything! Lol Even action movies lol I'm in the same boat. My flower girl will have a little box of tissues in her flower petal basket so she can make sure I'm under control lol
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep reminding yourself that you can't mess up your makeup Smiley winking if that doesn't work try to subtly look up fh's nose and mentally count his nose hair. Should make you want to laugh which will bring out your lovely smile
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is the smartest thing!! I love the pocket idea, wish I had thought of that!!

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I WILL CRY! HE WILL CRY! Makeup or not,... there will be tears!

I'm having a pocket added to my dress to store a few tissues!

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely a crier as well. I am the emotional one. I have never seen my FH cry. His eyes have teared up once or turned red once. Definitely waterproof makeup for the big day. I never thought of the first look as a way to get that out of the way but it's definitely something to consider.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to cry...I am a crier...I have an emotion I cry.

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If i wasn't allergic to makeup, i'd have opted for the airbrush.

Distractions are totally a good idea though. Maybe i'll get my MOH to just throw snacks at me throughout the day to help me out. LOL

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol No... I'm going to be like maple syrup running down a pan cake on mine... sniff sniff sob.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think my FH will cry more than I but you never know. It will certainly be an emotional time. I'm tucking a tissue between the flowers of my bouquet just to be safe! Yes, waterproof mascara and touch up makeup for later is a necessity.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought I was going to cry but didn't. I came close in my vows, my husbands father - daughter dance, and my maid of honours speech. I was almost too excited and captivated by everything that I never felt relaxed enough to cry.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is one of the reasons I opted for airbrush makeup Smiley cry It stays on my face better through sweat and lots of tears!

I'd also recommend doing a first look so you can have that private moment and get a round of tears and jitters out Smiley heart You can also ask your bridesmaids to help! I didn't want to sit there and reflect and get emotional, so I kept asking them to talk to me and distract me!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will both be crying all day. We are doing a first look to get some of it out before hand, I'm not comfortable bawling in front of 100 people. I'm also thinking of getting a lash lift and tint, no mascara needed.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am a big crier and unfortunately I don't have any tips on how to prevent it! Just make sure your makeup artist uses fixer over the makeup and waterproof mascara. Dab, don't wipe! And ask your groom or bridesmaids to carry some tissues for you. The thing that got me was that I cried when I wasn't expecting to. I thought I would cry when my husband proposed but I was in such shock that I didn't. Whenever you watch wedding shows or seeing wedding photos, the bride is always gorgeously beaming down the aisle but I have learned that is not always the case! Smiley xd I ugly cried all the way down the aisle. It was great though because my mom and I were making the same crying faces so it still made for some great pictures. The speeches also got both my husband and I crying quite a bit and I noticed in our photos that my chest started getting splotchy the more I cried so I had my photographer go back in and edit them and it made a HUGE difference. So I'd recommend checking with your photographer to see if they're able to make changes like that. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do in the moment but at least you can touch up the photos a bit. And just embrace the emotion! Crying shows you care! I think almost every single one of our guests cried during the ceremony so at least we weren't alone! Our vendors said that they had never seen so many people cry at a wedding. (Happy tears of course!)

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel like this is what it'll come down too for us. haha

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely buy some waterproof mascara!

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/makeup/a44922/best-waterproof-mascara-review/

Found this for you!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have just accepted the fact that im going to bawl my eyes out and probably not make it through my vows. Annnd guaranteed FH will also cry. Maybe even more than me. So its gonna be a mess haha.
  • C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following this as I cry too. Also wondering mascara should I buy waterproof and any recommendations what brand ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics