Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalia
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Any suggestion for florists? Need cheap alternatives!

Natalia, on January 22, 2018 at 14:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hey guys,

I'm having a super super tiny wedding ( 12 people), and so I have a very small venue, but was hoping to make it look a tad glamorous and flowery but without breaking the bank.

Anyone have any suggestions for places I could even get faux versions (I'm just worried about it being obvious in photos)?

Something like this theme (just not as crazy): https://i.pinimg.com/564x/88/88/95/88889572b360d1270e744f9a07277c48.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ca/b4/c8/cab4c85b66fc19105977467b0ae09347.jpg

The quotes I've gotten are crazy expensive, and we really want to stay within budget :<

13 Comments

Latest activity by Natalia, on January 25, 2018 at 22:44
  • Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ended up caving and going wit h a florist who's prices weren't insane. Thank you ladies for all the great suggestions though! I truly appreciate it!
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like Jennifer said Costco has good pricing on real flowers. If your wanting faux flowers check out Sola flowers. There beautiful and less expensive than teal flowers.
  • Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a fantastic idea too! I just started jotting down grocery stores to see if they offer flower orders. Thank you! Hopefully I can DIY most of these.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your Zehrs/Superstore has a floral department, they do great work and are reasonably priced. plus you can save your PC Points and use them toward your flowers. My sister did that for her wedding and they were beautiful!

• Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh I've never heard of them before, thank you so much! I'll definitely check them out. Cheers~

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I see you're from Milton, me too! We are using Wildwood Floristry. Found her pricing a lot more reasonable then everywhere else we looked. And her style is exactly what we are looking for!
  • Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah costco seems to be the best route, just doesn't 100% fit my colour theme. I'll have to try asking in grocery floral stores too :o

• Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I might end up with a mix of costco roses and faux =)

• Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So far that's been my route, I have about 5 bunches of peonies from Michaels lol!

• Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately neither of those options deliver to where I'm located.

• Melissa
    Beginner September 2018 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fake flowers look just as good in photos! As long as they aren´t the cheap dollar store kind.... but then if you´re going to spend a fair amount on fake flowers, you could just get real ones... I´m planning on doing mine myself. Safeway and Price Smart usually have lots of nice flowers in season!

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am getting mine from Costco
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a place near your hometown/wedding venue that supplies any local florists with flowers? Might be a cheaper alternative and then you can put together yourself.

Sometimes Costco can be great for flowers too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics