Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beatriz
Frequent user September 2020 Ontario

Any nov 2020 Brides?

Beatriz, on April 15, 2020 at 13:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3

Hi!

We have postponed for Nov 2020 hoping for the best, now I am not so sure it was the right move. I am wondering where everyone is at in their decision making. Is there a date you'd chosen to make a decision by if required to postpone? I would hate to send invitations out again just to send another postponement announcement. I was thinking maybe around August? too late? too early? We had to postpone our original date a week before RSVP were due, would like to avoid that fiasco again.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on April 16, 2020 at 16:36
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At this point you might not know until later in the summer. Some restrictions might change so you could be allowed to have a smaller gathering, or maybe we will be lucky and things will be more normal by then. It's best to wait as long as you can so you don't need to do more work if plans change again.

I'm from New Brunswick and the premier is talking about potentially opening the province but keeping borders closed sooner than later. For us that would mean my fiance's family couldn't come so we would elope and postpone. If travel is allowed in July we will proceed with our October wedding as planned!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your wedding is in November I’d wait until September to make a final decision. We are August so we are waiting till June for a final decision
  • Jodi
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello~

Our wedding in the middle of September. Our venue has recently been in contact with us, with backup suggestions, if unable to have our wedding this September. They suggested reserving a "back up date" My Fiancee and I have decided to do this now, before waiting too long with all that's going on and risk not getting one at all! (I also don't want to get married on a week day, Friday or Sunday) We have chosen a 2021 date that is almost exactly one year later.

We will make our final decision come the beginning of July and still plan on sending out our invitations this month and go from there. Having the wedding website should make it easier for updating guests. Try to be and stay positive, manifest and hope for the best!~

Our photographer said usually 60 days prior is when you should make the call.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics