Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaisha
Super March 2019 Nova Scotia

Any couples getting married in March?

Kaisha, on April 18, 2018 at 17:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

I have a lot of family complaining because March in the east coast can be pretty bad but it can also be beautiful. My FH has a deployment schedule to work around so I am willing to make some compromises to get what I want. I am so happy I chose March because setting a date seemed easier! Any one else have any negative feedback when you set the date?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on April 30, 2018 at 12:51
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you've considered the weather already. I'm sorry about the negativity, I can't imagine what people have to complain about.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got married in March this year. I did have some complaints from out-of-town guests initially and I was concerned about the weather, but realistically the weather can be bad at any time of year, so we just needed to work around it. Anyone who really wanted to be there, made it regardless of weather (some of my guests were driving 8-10 hours).

I loved getting married in March because not only is it off-season (so many more choices of vendors and some gave discounts) but the weather is also unpredictable leaving for some great photos. We happened to have a windy spring day, so my dress certainly flowed nicely in the wind. Choose whichever day you and your fiance find best, and just go with the flow when the time comes!

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We will be doing an indoor wedding the only issue would be if we got a huge snow storm. I am already over the negative feedback though.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

March is a great time to get married! I don't know why anyone would complain. Just make sure you have a bad weather plan in place and don't listen to anyone's negative feedback

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's exactly how we feel, we knew what would work well for us and we are extremely happy with our decision. March is a great month!
  • Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on March 2, 2019! YES!!!!!! so many opinions when trying to set a date. We were all over the calendar for a bit first Nov. 2018, then we thought about Dec. 2018 or Apr. 2019... In the end we just decided on a date and went for it! We know the weather may be hit or miss, but we are ok with it! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics