Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Anxious to ask friends to be bridesmaids

Jillian, on October 2, 2018 at 16:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Was anyone else anxious and scared to asked their friends to be a bridesmaid?

Honestly, I dont have many close friends. I have known my one friend for 4 years and the past 2 years we have gotten closer, now she moving away (to the same province as our wedding).

I know we will visit her and she will come visit us, but I am still nervous to ask her.

BTW our wedding is in 2 years, and I am asking her tonight as this will be the last time I hang out with her before she moves in two weeks.....

Advice please!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 3, 2018 at 10:47
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm glad you made the right choice and she said yes. Always have the people you know you well by your side.
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    SHE SAID YES! and was sooo happy i asked her Smiley smile
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone. I feel a bit better that i am not the only one!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was so anxious to ask one of mine - she isn't a close friend as she is the girlfriend of my FH's best friend but I see her pretty frequently compared to girls I would call my friends so I decided to ask her. It was awkward and all but she is the kind of person that I want as a friend so I did a soft ask first and will give the official bridesmaid proposal boxes later on.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was nervous about asking one girl too, not really sure why. I had to ask her over Facebook since I wasn't seeing her anytime soon, the rest of my girls were in person so maybe that's why?

Or the fact that she's also getting married next year and wanted to ask me to be a bridesmaid too, but was also nervous! After a long chat with her in the spring, we are bridesmaids in each others wedding!

Just ask her!

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha awesome, yes I am making her supper and will hand her her "going away gift" after a few drinks. lol

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go for it!!! I was nervous asking one.... so I did it drunk at a party and it was the best decision we cried about it for a good 10 minutes ahahhah!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics