Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valérie
VIP September 2019 Quebec

Antiperspirant on Wedding Day - What's your pick?

Valérie, on August 4, 2019 at 18:29 Posted in Beauty 0 16
I'm one of the unfortunate people who sweat a lot and when it starts, it just won't stop lol. So I can only imagine what my body will be going through on my wedding day (in a MONTH!!!!).

This might sound like a stupid question but I'm curious : What type of antiperspirant will you be using on your wedding day? Are you sticking to the one you're using now? Are you going with a gel-type AP? Are you worried about streaks, marks in the creases of your pits? I know I am lol.

I noticed some streaking earlier today and I thought : WHAT IF THAT WAS IN MY WEDDING PHOTOS?!!!!

For my wedding day, I'll probably use a gel-like/clinical-strength AP that I use for "special occasions", but I was just curious to know what everyone else was doing!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Natalia, on August 31, 2019 at 20:27
  • Natalia
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Use a spray!!! All the way!!

• Sarah
    Beginner May 2020 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its equal parts bentonite clay and coconut oil - can buy this on amazon. i try and do this every few months due to the amount of chemicals found in deodorant

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh!!! I never really thought of that!! Thanks Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Beginner May 2020 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Armpit detox!!!! If i know that i am going to be sweating a lot then i do a detox so when i wear deodorant the next few days i really don't have to worry about smell or wetness!

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never even thought of this... I am now though! I’ve used spray before and love it and seems lots of ladies swear by it! May have to try it out again 👰
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Get the spray on it doesn’t leave residue but I would definitely suggest trying it out prior to the wedding to ensure a full coverage!
  • Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Spray 100% it got me through summer in Australia and dry season in the Philippines with no issues so I'm sure it will be able to handle my wedding day! I don't think I will ever go back to a stick!

• M
    Newbie October 2022 British Columbia
    Mindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dove spray! It goes on clear and protects you right into the next day. Use it right out of the shower for better results. It's awesome! I am a sweater and it's the first deodorant that has held up for me. My suggestion is to try it out first incase it doesn't work out for you.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am honestly thinking of using a spray. The anti perspirant that I use now cakes a lot and it's gross! I feel that the spray would just be more light and not get all cakey and gross.

• G
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Gabby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Use the dove spray!!!! The spray is literally like hair spray for your armpits I swear by it
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Using regular- I do sweat a lot but I know this brand works for me !

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using my regular - Degree (bar). I've got sensitive skin so finding something new will be a nightmare and I've only ever had streaks come from using it once from years of using it. My dress is sleeveless and not high in the armpit area, so my plan is carefully applying a top-up after the dress is on.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using my regular - it's the degree motion-sense white and black - which is great for wearing a white dress! I use the spray version since I find the streaks non existent

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agree with this 100%. If you are wanting to do something different start using it now to make sure you don’t have a reaction.
    i am sticking to the same one I wear every day
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m just going to use my regular. It’s what I’m used to
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just used my regular.. if you're going to be trying something different for the wedding make sure you start using it a couple weeks before.. This goes for literally everything.. the last thing you want is a reaction or something.

If you're concerned about colour or streaking though, I think gel is a great choice. I've used them before and they are completely invisible

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics