Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Am i missing something??

Alyx, on November 28, 2021 at 23:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
I feel like I’ve planned everything I can plan for right now ? Lol my wedding is September but all of our vendors are booked. Bridal Accessories picked, dresses picked. Groomsmen attire/bridesmaids, Transportation sorted. Hotel block done. Wedding day timeline, photo shot list, save the dates, invitations all done! .. What am I missing!! Lol

15 Comments

Latest activity by Alyx, on December 11, 2021 at 17:12
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Uh huh!!! 💡 Wedding folder I have not done that yet thank you!!
    Thanks for the tips!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seems you're ahead of your game and checked off everything needed. You plan to write your vows or going with the traditional instead? This would be a good time to jot down some of the thoughts and put them together over some of the time left.

How about a wedding folder with all the information reassuring you have it handy in case anything falls through and need to get in touch with a vendor. Someone you may have taking care of checking on the decor and set up may need the information as well to verify what's happening. Tips considered to put into envelopes and named for the person in charge to give appropriately? Finer points to counter as the bigger ticket items are completed.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, you need to travel to Ontario then! Hahahaha!
    Oh yes, you’ll definitely just have to enjoy the moment and make sure it’s the best time. Since it’s just one day that we plan and get worked up for! Hahaha

Ahhhhh yes, I’m wishing that it works out well to get the decorating complete the day before. Sending positive vibes! 🙏🏾😁💕
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh beautiful!!!! 🤩🤩 I just looked it up , I’ve never been to Ontario!
    Yes totally! And exactly your the only one that sees the vision of the day! But I think I just have to let that go otherwise I’ll be so worked up and I won’t be able to enjoy! If mistakes happen it’s okay 😬 haha
    So my venue allows us to come in the day before if there isn’t a wedding that day and if there is they give us access at 12pm on the day of … which makes me a little nervous! I so rather go in the day before and just decorate it all myself haha! But our wedding is on a Friday so I don’t see someone booking their wedding on a Thursday but we’ll see!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha thank you!! 🥰
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh yes! That’s totally understandable and makes sense. We have to make it work somehow eh. Haha!

My wedding was in Ottawa — Cumberland, Ontario at the Cumberland Belle. Guuuuurl, that’s a good question, I really tired to take it easy and believe everything is well with the calmness from my family too. Hahah! I thought that was going to be me too (to cry), since I feel the need that I’m the only one that knows how I want things. I had to calm myself down, but it was great! Ahhhhhh that sounds amazing!! So happy that you have the plans set up. Are you decorating day before or hours before the ceremony?
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha! I felt like this about a month or 2 ago for our June wedding. Good for you for being organized and locking everything down. Enjoy the holiday season with your fiance and take a much needed break and relax
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing!!
    Exactly! Yes I also didn’t put out too much money for wedding band and put more to decor which was more important to me haha!

Where was your wedding located ? And how did you stay calm!! Lol I feel like I’m going to be so nervous and if anything doesn’t go as plan I will cry 😅Yes thank you definitely good idea to think of a plan b!! Luckily our wedding is in September so there shouldn’t be any rain… but maybe snow? Lol Alberta has crazy weather but our venue does have multiple rooms and they have a back up ceremony room if weather isn’t good and they will help transfer everything over there! We are getting married at the Cochrane Ranchehouse! The reception is in the chinook dining room ☺️
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Why thank you very much! 😁 I tried! Hahaha! But that’s so true. Mine was very simple and I just went with it the best way I could have. Hahaha!

Ahhhh that’s amazing! See, once you’re able to find that one company/person that will make everything splendid, why not right. Haha!
    Ohhhhhhh lovely!!!!! That was mine too. Reason I asked was because on my day it rained (at a certain time) and mind you, out outside was so beautiful!!!! I was so not happy at that time since it’s the same venue too. However, my girls decorated inside for us and it turned out beautiful. That being said, think about a “Plan B” incase for possibility of rain.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Good on you !! That takes so much time and effort to diy!!! I don’t think people understand everything that goes into wedding decor until your planning it lol
    I was going to diy all my decor too but it became too much to do for the decor I wanted! So we went with a decor rental company but she actually had incredible prices, total was 700 for everything candles, fabric, eucalyptus vases for 100 person wedding!
    Our ceremony is outside and our reception is inside! All at the same venue

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah, I feel you!! The good thing is you have majority of it all planned and everything. Yes, eventually you’ll remember a few items but that’s how it goes eh. Hahaha!

Ahhhh that’s so exciting!! And it makes perfect sense of the need to relax. I wanted that but I did not get to since I did everything on my own with DIY decors and such. So I was stressing last minute.
    Are you doing indoor or outdoor?
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I have taken a little break , in the back of my head I’m like oh god I wonder if there’s something I could be planning right now ! 😝

Hahahaha 20/10
    I’m very type A lol I started planning in February, I wanted to make sure that by the time the wedding rolled around I didn’t have much to plan and I could just relax!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations!!
    Yes you’ll eventually get there!
    No those are all things I still need to do thanks a ton!! 😃
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in June and just getting vendors sorted - but I'm with you, we're doing so much at once that I feel like we'll get to a point soon where there's nothing left to do but wait!

Do you have all the signage? Welcome sign, bar menu, table numbers, etc? Does your dress need alterations? Are you giving your bridesmaids gifts? Are you going shopping with your mom or MIL for their dresses? There are usually little things you can now start thinking about. Smiley smile

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Alyx,
    You sound very sorted out and organized! Hahahaha! I think it’s good to take a break. You will have a lot of time left to confirm all is well and in order. How excited are you ok a scale from 1 to 10? Haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics