Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Frequent user July 2019 Ontario

Am I Forgetting Anything??

Rachel, on June 25, 2019 at 14:02 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Our wedding is in less than 2 weeks! (Ahhhhhh!!). I have a horrible feeling I'm forgetting something.
We have all the basics (caterer, venue, DJ, florist, hair and makeup artist, and a day of coordinator). I have centerpieces, and simple decorations. We wrote our vows, and thank you toasts. We have our marriage license.
Am I forgetting something?? Anything you ladies forgot to do? Or wish you had done??

7 Comments

Latest activity by Rachel, on June 25, 2019 at 17:47
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Snacks! That's something I didn't think of. We have a brunch planned but I should probably get some other quick thinks to snack on in the afternoon before the ceremony!!
    I emailed the wedding party with where they need to be and when, so that's taken care of, we did bathroom baskets, those are ready to go and caterer is dealing with liquor license and insurance for us!
    I think I'm good to go. Just need to tell the voice in my head to quiet down!!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seems you have everything in order. Just take time out for yourself and enjoy time with FH. The vendors are up to date with all the information. Family time is also good to have before the wedding.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just make a list to ensure you remember everything the morning of. I have lists for my lists.. but I worry about that stuff.

Is your dress getting steamed after alterations?

Do you have/need a liquor license? Insurance? Transportation?

Pack snacks and water for the day of...

If you haven't done bathroom baskets those are nice for the guests but not totally necessary.

Has someone done all your last minute confirmations with vendors/timelines/music/ etc?

I went through from start to finish what was to be in my venue, what vendors I had, what timeline was like.. and wrote down everything I needed. Just to be sure.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like you have everything covered!

Have a day of time line (when to be at hair appointment, what time the guys should get together) for the wedding party so people know where to go and when.

Tips set aside for vendors. Have envelopes with someone in the wedding party so you and your FH do not have to worry about them.

Comfy shoes for dancing!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any vendors that need tipping or payed day of- have ready in envelopes. wedding party to know timeline of day of and day before with rehearsal, make sure officiant knows timeline too! Gave your music for important songs to the DJ, photograph list to photographer, timeline to your coordinator, have any permits you need depending on venue and insurance, alterations and dress fit good. these are just last second things people may forget! My friend is getting married soon and for her ti was the permits and insurance

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do have a bag with some day of essentials. I put our rings, vows and marriage
    license in there. I will definitely add copies of the speeches to that bag too!!! Thanks!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like every wedding I’ve been to the bride or groom forgets to bring their speeches to the wedding. Maybe get a bag together of essentials? Deodorant, thread and sewing kit, hair ties, alternative shoes (flats if you need them for the evening), etc. And you can put your speeches in the bag so you have them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics