Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador

Am i being Ghosted??

Rebecca, on June 5, 2023 at 13:32 Posted in Beauty 0 11

OK so what would you ladies do in my situation?

I had met with a lady to do my make up for my wedding had her do a trial run and make up I like the way she done it confirm she was available that date and paid my 50% deposit and that was one more thing off my to do list back last summer.

Fast Forward to yesterday

We are 4 months out from the wedding. Almost to the day and I haven’t heard from her. So I sent her a message on Facebook. just confirming everything was still set in stone for Oct 7. I can see that she’s read the message, but she has yet to reply.

a little bit of a backstory back in the summer. She had been heavily bashed on one of the bridal pages for not showing up to a wedding and apparently she has a bit of a reputation for cancelling last minute but since I already paid the deposit kind of stuck with her shall we say but i liked how she done my make up so I wasn't too phased unless she didn't show up in which case i would get my deposit back so I wasn't too worried.so it’s now been almost 24 hours since I sent her the first message.

I’m trying to decide how would you go about getting in contact with her or how long would you even give her to answer back?

I personally feel like she's ghosting me... Smiley sad

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kelli, on July 15, 2023 at 21:00
  • Kelli
    Featured September 2024 Alberta
    Kelli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally I would just ask for my deposit back because it’s already stressful and you need vendors you can rely on
    Hope everything works out!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ask for my deposit back, just be honest and tell her she was amazing, and you want to work with her, but the lack of communication on her end, you feel that she may not be a right fit.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree !! I mean I’m fine to do my own make up for my wedding I just don’t want to lol
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay this is good! She should keep better records BUT, happy you made contact!

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I have an update I was so stressed out that I started compiling all the information that I could find that I had from our past conversations whole 9 yards .
    I found her number in my phone from last summer thankfully I still had it. I called her and she had no idea who I was. She couldn’t remember anything about me nothing she said I hadn’t paid a deposit which I had and thankfully I didn’t delete anything and I had it all, so I sent it all over to her. She apologized, thought that I was a bride from 2024 contacting her and we got it all figured out. She apologized a few times and I said you know what I don’t care as long as we’re good to go for my wedding date and I look fabulous. Otherwise I don’t care.
  • Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s so nerve-rack from, I would wait a maximum of three days and then send a follow up message, and really contacting via alternative methods. Had this vendor not have a negative reputation I would’ve just waited a week or so to be honest, but the track record makes it a little scary.
    I really hope you hear back soon!
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gotcha okay makes sense. Was there a contract that you signed? hold her a little accountable at least. Sending all the good vibes your way and hoping it works out. Keep us posted.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So I went with her before I even knew any of this. I had chosen to her and then about 45 months later all this came out on Facebook people on Facebook did recommend her prior to that summer saying she was great Sino others didn’t like her make up, but everybody has a different opinions. Then when I found it all this was just like oh dear God, what did I get myself into?
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I mean, I do not blame you, if not showing up to a wedding and cancelling last minute is all true, that is very concerning. Life happens totally and the next best thing is sending a replacement to do the make up and hair, that's all you can do but if it's happened often...

What made you go with her? was she recommended? is there anyone else that you know that can get in touch with her? I'm thinking it's still early and gotta have faith, fingers crossed for you. But I would get to a certain point if I did not hear a response where I would look elsewhere and firm in something because if you're en route to looking like she will bail, at least you have time to firm up something elsewhere. It's a tricky thing, because it's a wedding and so important, us brides expect extra attention/prompt responses, totally get it !

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So here’s my issue if she was doing hair or make up or some thing like as a full-time gig I would understand taking like a couple days to get back, but this is like a part time not doing any more brides because of the stuff that happened last year with Facebook and now just not answering my messages. I feel like I’m being ghosted in that vibe check just isn’t being passed. And I’m hoping that you know I’m just wrong and she’s busy because I really hope that’s what it is but like I’m terrified it isn’t.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

IT'S ALWAYS THE MAKEUP PEOPLE !! lol sorry, it's just the hair and make up girl I used was not exactly very timely in her responses and it stressed me the heck out.

When planning our wedding, I expected the 24-48 hr. business response but quickly learned that was not always the case with some vendors so in this situation I'd probably give 2-3 days, I mean especially because she has read it and all you are doing is checking in which just requires a quick confirmation reply, so little odd to me that she has not made the time to do that. I'd try another follow up email and if nothing after that, I would call.

Good luck and hoping she is just very busy and will get back to you before you have to reach out again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics