Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie July 2022 Alberta

Am i a bridezilla? :(

Sarah, on January 29, 2022 at 19:58 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17

So my bridesmaids all are ordering from azazie. They are to order a floor length gown in the color cabernet with chiffon material. My MOA asked me if she can order a satin dress cause someone else ordered the dress she wanted. I said no because it would look off and not fair to the others that she is in a different more metallic material then everyone else. So she said ok. I woke up to a text from her saying this is the dress she ordered and it was not chiffon material it was “stretchy mesh” so like a matte satin. I messaged her back and said her dress wouldn’t be the same shade as the fabrics take differently and it’s not chiffon. She responded back with a “oops I’m sorry I totally didn’t realize! I’m sure it won’t be noticeable”

Should I leave it ?? I don’t wanna be a bridezilla

17 Comments

Latest activity by Jenn, on February 1, 2022 at 16:27
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not being a bridezilla at all! It's your day and your vision.

However, I have been to weddings where the MOH has worn a completely different dress and material than the other bridesmaids, and it has looked great - but they made sure the colour/material complimented the other dresses before ordering...

So like others, people suggested, see the dress when it arrives, and if you really don't like the whole aesthetic, ask her to return for something you want

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have a MOH so her dress doesn't have to match anyone else's thank goodness. I think you have given lots of leeway in the dress choices and I don't think it's fair that she is having a (as I see it) temper tantrum because she didn't get the dress she wanted. I personally think you have given her many options and if you dont like her dress with the other ones you have every right to ask her to return it and get one that is what you asked. She knew you wouldn't like it and that is why she ordered it before she asked if it was ok.
  • S
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know other people who have ordered off of here and the dresses are good quality!!
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

have never heard of this on line store until you mentioned it. i just checked it out. Do you recommend them? i am so skeptical with all these online stores, do you find they have good quality dresses?

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well this is good, so good to hear no issues

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol hello 👋🏼
    I found dresses within reasonable price , none of the dresses were over 100 and they said they were okay with that, so yes they did pay for their own.
    Same with hair and makeup I have them the option to the lady I was using and the hairstyles I liked but they didn’t have to if they didn’t want to! Luckily all my bridesmaids have liked what I have chosen and had no issues .. knock on wood lol
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh girl i would drop as well lol. Hello Type A, i am Type A as well

Hey did you pay for your bridesmaids dresses, or do they buy their own dresses?

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not being a bridezilla at all. I think she should be respectful of your wishes

• G
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Giuseppina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you are being a bridezilla at all! If you told your girls to get a chiffon dress in a specific colour then that is what you want. I don't see nothing wrong with that. In terms of you MOH getting a different material, yeah it may look different and off. If you want everything to be matching and concise, I would ask her to please send it back and look at other chiffon options.

• S
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya I think I’ll see when they all get in. I do feel bad for the other girls if they wanted another dress and she just did what she wanted. She hasn’t been a good MOA at all
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you're a bridezilla at all. I would though look at the dress when she gets it in and if it's not what you're wanting, I would get her to return it and get something else. Remember it is your day but if the colors don't match, then that would be a problem in my eyes

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I second this!!!
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would make her send it back and order something else. This isn’t being a bridezilla at all. You asked for everyone to order chiffon in Cabernet. I highly doubt she didn’t see it was wrong before ordering and she might be hoping you’ll just say it’s fine. Tell her to return the dress when it arrives and order something else. How she responds will determine if it was truly and accident or if she did it on purpose.
  • S
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have swatches of those materials and the mesh almost looks brown.. we will see!!!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Azazie has a pretty good return policy if she ordered standard size. When the dresses come in, I'd compare the 2 different fabrics and if they don't match have her return and reorder. I know it would drive me CRAZYYY if all the dresses didn't match!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh god my heart would drop 😬 I would make her send it back lol but I’m very type A bridezilla..
    you gave her the options and she didn’t do what you asked of her, I’d be frustrated just with that!
    But also again I’m type A 😬😅I picked two options of dresses for each bridesmaid and let them decide between the two! I know you can order fabric swatches on that website you could do that and see! But keep conversation honest, say that wasn’t the fabric you’ve been envisioning for your special day, tell her I’d like for you to be comfortable in what you are wearing so I will order the swatches to see if it will match but if it isn’t what I pictured then we can find you another option! There’s plenty of dresses on that site!!!
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the chiffon and mesh fabrics are actually more similar than you think. You could order swatches of them beforehand to make sure the colours aren't too different.

I don't think you're being a bridezilla. But I also think it's important your bidemads are comfortable with their dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics