Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Newbie August 2020 British Columbia

Alternatives to dancing

Michelle, on July 16, 2018 at 21:43 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

My fiancee and I are shy people who do not like to be the centre of attention, which is why we have opted for a small wedding (about 50 people). Neither of us enjoy dancing (he gets physically uncomfortable by the idea of it), so we are considering not having a dance floor and first dance at our wedding and instead we are thinking of having games where everyone can join in. My biggest worry though is that people will get bored. What are your thoughts on that? Have you ever been to a wedding that has done that successfully? Do you have any alternative activities to dancing?

7 Comments

Latest activity by RayChance, on May 22, 2019 at 23:23
  • RayChance
    Ontario
    RayChance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Or get a very good MC to run the games for you
    or
    Live Entertainment Smiley smile but the performer has to be top notch....

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you could have both! I think you could have games for everyone (would be super fun) but you could also have a small dance floor and some tunes going for those who would like to dance.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not everyone likes board games, but not everyone likes dancing. Your guests are adults (or mostly adults, if you’re having children) and adults can entertain themselves for the evening if they don’t like the activities planned. Just do what you want, and if people don’t like what is be8 g offered, they are responsible for themselves.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You dont need to use the dance floor but I think it might be nice to still have one for your guests. Have some games as well so people ca9n decide what they'd like to do!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What if you placed a tiara under 1 chair of each table and have those come up and do a chicken dance competition. The winner receives a bottle of Bailey's or liquor. It would be fun and lots of laughter. Let there be a twist of making the chicken sound while going down.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Games are a great way to keep guests entertained... people can both watch and participate, so they can take breaks.
    Just account for the fact that many weddings only go late past dinner and speeches because of dancing... so it may naturally wind down a few hours earlier than if you had a dance floor. But that's totally okay too!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have yet to be to a wedding without dancing but I would recommend any kind of drinking game! Bring on the beer pong and card games! Of course games like corn hole and plinko are fun too Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics