Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lydia
Beginner June 2019 British Columbia

Allergy friendly gifts

Lydia, on January 20, 2019 at 21:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Hi all,

One of my bridesmaids has skin allergies, so I am having a little trouble thinking of gifts for her. I see alot of websites suggesting jewellery, makeup or scented related gifts (i.e candles or perfumes). I am wondering if anyone has suggestions of gifts that I could give her? I'm already planning on getting the bridesmaids a robe for getting ready in, hair ties and a compact.

Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on May 2, 2019 at 03:54
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my wedding, I got cute little jewelry boxes from kate spade which were on sale and i put a necklace in each one to be presented in the morning when we got ready.

I've been to a wedding where the bride has given me a box filled with a soy wax candle, a succulent, a pair of statement earrings and a personalized luggage tag with my initials.

Other weddings i've received swarovski bracelets or Tiffany bracelet. My sister gave me a nice sterling silver necklace.

The last wedding I got a gift card to sephora.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes my oldest daughter has allergy reactions also . Does your bridesmaid read, maybe books, scarpbooking, something with Arts, maybe a Gift card, along that way. That's something I maybe doing.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got different things based on their interest. So, I got a travel book for one who likes traveling, a mug and tea for a tea drinker and a wine glass and wine slushy drink for the third.

I once received a framed photo of myself and the bride and the wedding party, which obviously came after the wedding but it was cute and thoughtful.

To be honest, what you already have planned is more than I’ve ever gotten as a bridesmaid so I would say you’re set with what you have!
  • Lydia
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Tori, thanks for the suggestion! My bridesmaids are coming from Australia, so I am not sure a gift certificate would work, but I'll keep it in mind!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your 1 bridesmaid has an allergy concern to shop for gifting, gift card of where she can get her products is nice since you don't have to worry about any breakouts or reactions. The same amount your spending for you other bridesmaid and a note included.

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a similar problem to your bridesmaid, and I live a plant-based (vegan) lifestyle so some folks have trouble getting things for me. Some options could be a mug, a spa giftcard, nice fancy writing pens, fancy wine stoppers, a carry mug, Bath stuff from Lush (it's all-natural and you can talk to them to get something more subtle), Swell water bottle, a picture frame, things like that. Hope that helped!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about something that you know she already likes? It doesn't have to be a physical item, it could be an experience like yoga membership, restaurant gift certificate, etc.?

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a MOH, I’ve received earrings, a robe, a mug, and a notebook.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics