Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

All The Small Things - Little thing that made you emotional

Joey, on February 25, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 25

Weddings can bring out the best in people! What small gesture has made a big impact on you? A sweet card with some sentimental words? A friend offering to spend the day DIYing with you? A relative who offered to lend you their earrings, or to play music during your ceremony...? What little gesture has given you some major emotions?

All The Small Things - Little thing that made you emotional 1

Photo via @weddingwirecanada

Thanks for playing! Let's keep the fun going with a few past games. How about checking out Can't Help Falling In Love, Firsts!, and Your Wedding In Numbers!. Or start over at the beginning of this game, All The Small Things

25 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on September 27, 2019 at 16:28
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I were listening to songs to use over for the slide show we will be making to honour our late fathers. We found a violin cover of see you again and I started balling my eyes out! I'm sure there will be more emotional moments over the next year of wedding planning

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am generally not an emotional person so nothing really stands out.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im a pretty emotional person in general but a couple things that have really stood out to me was when we decided on our first dance song (it has special meaning to us) and we were in the kitchen and recreated the moment we heard it and were dancing and it was really sweet..

and then also when we met with our pastor who will officiate the wedding for us and he was giving a general run down on how the ceremony will play out and I was tearing up because i am so excited to marry this man! I'm constantly saying "i cant wait to be your wife" haha

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A bit of a backstory: my fiancee and I met at work. I was the only out person at work and our boss was really supportive of me when things happened in the past, and just as supportive when we started dating and later got engaged.

This past Christmas, after our public events, she asked us to stay behind because she got us an engagement present, and told us how happy she was and how much she loves us and values us as employees. I started crying like a baby.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still pretty early on in the planning process (only been engaged a month) so I bet those moments are coming. However, my FH did play the song he wants me to walk down the aisle to and just listening to it together imaging the day had me tearing up. Oh also my MOH/Best Friend read the first line of her speech to me this past weekend, which she apparently started writing over a year ago because she just knew he was the one for me, that already created tears. I am doomed the day of.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a little emotional when I found my dress...I almost cried.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing about it has made me emotional at all.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing so far haha... I'm 3.5 months away from my wedding and it still hasnt really kicked in
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was trying on the wedding dress that I ended up buying, my MoH was with me and she was like "Oh I feel like I'm going to cry" and I told her "it's okay you are allowed to cry" so then she did which made me cry too so we were just in the room bawling haha

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm, not much yet... my mom cried when I bought my dress which was very cute but I did not cry. I couldn't look at her though!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Listening to potential "walking down the aisle" songs; sending out our StD

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me it's every little detail that is decided and starts coming into place! Finishing our favours, finding vendors, finishing invitations... anything that becomes absolute with the wedding gives me warm fuzzies all the time!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, it was how accepting both our families were of having a daughter/son-in law.

My dad went and complained about a flight delay on behalf of us and he called Kane his son-in-law on more than one occasion. My FH's dad had open heart surgery last fall and he was in London for it so I told him if he needed anything, my parents were willing to help. I later found out that he told people I was such a loving/caring future daughter-in-law.

Basically, dads being emotional is my kryptonite lol

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My amazing future in-laws put a photo of my FH and I the night we got engaged on their mantel.

They also have a collection of glass birds at their cottage that represents each member of their family, they added a bird for me just after we got engaged.

It was a big deal for me as my FH is the first of their children to marry outside of their culture and religion. So to be so different and immediately accepted has been wonderful because I know the change must be difficult for them.

STILL GIVES ME MAJOR FEELS 😍
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My aunt asked if I wanted to wear the veil my mom had worn at her wedding. My mom wore it first, then my aunt and so she was storing it. My mom and aunt since had a falling out and I wasn’t sure how she would feel about lending it to me since I knew she wanted her daughter to use it as well.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When my FMIL offered to throw me a bridal shower.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend offered me to borrow her veil and it could be my something borrowed.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a meltdown this weekend (on our anniversary actually lol) about how behind we are and how stressed I am, and how nothing is going the way we had wanted it to, and my FH really came through. He told me we could just screw it all and elope (I wish haha), and made me laugh until I was crying from that instead of stress, and then took me to the bookstore (he knows me lol). It was the sweetest thing every and reminded me again that this wedding is going to be awesome no matter how much of a nightmare it is, because ultimately, I'm getting to marry the love of my life, and I am so freaking lucky.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom offering to hand bead my veil. She did the same thing for my sister when she got married 10 years ago; so she has spent hours and hours beading the hem of both my fingertip length veil and my blusher.

All The Small Things - Little thing that made you emotional 2

All The Small Things - Little thing that made you emotional 3

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH proposed while we were away on vacation, and my dad lives in Florida for the winter, so he was not home when we got home. He had the whole family over for dinner when they got home in April ( we got engaged in Feb) and this was the first time he had seen the ring in person. I just remember him walking up to me and grabbing my hand to look at the ring, and then walking away. When I turned around he was tearing up saying how happy he was etc. I am not good when people are crying, and it makes me cry lol.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing yet has really happened on that level. I did try on my mom's dress and she offered to let me make some of the flower girl's dresses out of it.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think anything really..at least not yet lol
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing lol. I guess I keep my emotions close so I haven’t let anything get to me (also no one has made a grand gesture really).
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, it didn't make me emotional but my Dad (and Mom... joint bank account and all Smiley tongue) paid for my wedding dress and veil and whatnot Smiley laugh No crying but I felt very grateful and loved.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FSIL gave me one of her mom's homemade handkerchiefs. They were made by their grandmother, and passed down to their mother, and were a pretty big deal in their church community. Both of my FH's parents have passed, so to be gifted such a sentimental family heirloom was quite touching

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics