Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

All about catering - Are you having a rehearsal dinner?

Joey, on May 6, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 36

This week we're talking about food, glorious food! Are you having a rehearsal dinner before your wedding? What are you serving? Who is on the invite list?

All about catering - Are you having a rehearsal dinner? 1

Photo by The Manilla Church Guesthouse in Oakwood

>>Click here to go to the next question, How did you find your caterer?

>>Or start at the beginning of the quiz, All About Catering

36 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on October 29, 2021 at 14:16
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will not be having a rehearsal dinner, but if we were to have one we would have wedding party, parents and grandparents.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes but we're keeping it just within the wedding party and a couple family members. Not sure if we're holding it at home or at a restaurant
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, but not dinner, rehearsal brunch. Then we'll rehearse the ceremony format afterwards Smiley smile

Planning to invite close family and friends, the wedding party

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. The dinner part is more we feel we should feed people if we are asking them for a bit more time to practice a run-through or two. Probably going to be pizza or a similar take-out.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we're just going to order pizza for everyone that helps us decorate the night before.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think so yes, just haven't planned it out yet.

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a rehearsal slash welcome bbq at my in-laws. The venue we are at we can’t go in the day before and also I didn’t want to pay the marriage commissioner to do a rehearsal
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have a rehearsal dinner.
    It will be small, possibly only the bridal party.
    Not sure what we'll serve
    Maybe a bunch of apps and finger foods.
  • Holly
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on having a small rehearsal dinner at the pub where my fiance and I met. I always wanted to incorporate this place in somehow and I think it's perfect to be reserving a few tables for the cause! It's going to be lowkey and personal.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a BBQ wedding rehearsal dinner for all of our guests the night they check in to our venue. They are serving different types of burgers with salad.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well be having a very informal after our rehearsal which will be held at a local brewery and we will order in pizza! super low key but a great chance to kick off the wedding weekend
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kind of, we had all of our out of town guests and our wedding party over to our house the night before.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yep! But it will be in a room at the church after the rehearsal and we are just getting in pizza! There will be enough food at the wedding! I don't want the extra costs at the rehearsal

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have a rehearsal dinner.
    Menu is still up in the air.
    We will probably have dinner where we are having the rehearsal.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having a welcome/rehearsal BBQ at my parent's cottage. All of my FH's family are coming from Ireland, so we want to welcome them to Canada. We will either have a rehearsal in the morning before the BBQ, or we will do it at the BBQ. Either way, we will invite our officiant. I'd say half the guests will be there, and we will order a porchetta. My family will just do sides, fruit and dessert.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a Welcome dinner instead of a rehearsal the night before the wedding followed by family time by the fire at the beach. Blankets and jackets were worn to keep warm which couldn't have been better otherwise to spend time with my family.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a rehearsal dinner! It'll be extra casual, in my FILs' backyard. We'll probably serve chicken thighs on the BBQ with a bunch of sides. So far our immediate family and our witnesses will be invited.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a rehearsal dinner! We are having a casual bbq style dinner which our wedding day chef will be preparing. We have our wedding party, parents, and a few other friends who will be in town that night coming to it.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having a rehearsal dinner! It'll be at the same venue and we are thinking of burgers and pizza, maybe some wings too. It'll be more on the casual side and only having wedding party, parents and our MC/decorator (family friend and my godmother).

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have a rehearsal dinner; we aren’t decided on who will host yet.

Either way, the food will be catered by some company/restaurant.

we are inviting those involved in the ceremony. Both sets of parents, MOH, BM and cousins who will be doing the readings.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having a rehearsal dinner. I'm not sure yet what we'll be having or the formality of it, but I want something for after our rehearsal. We'll be inviting our parents, grandparents, siblings wedding party and their significant others.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes to the rehearsal dinner. I honestly have no idea what is being served since this is such a sore topic for us and we haven't really planned it yet. But, we'll be inviting our immediate families and any out-of-town guests.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did. I had won some gift certificates for a barbecue truck so we used them!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning on having a rehearsal dinner. Hopefully my inlaws will be hosting it, but if not my parents have said they will do it. We are just keeping it to the wedding party and our parents so it will be smaller.

Hoping to just have food at our parents house, if not there is a small greek restaurant in the area that has good prices and we all love going there!

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. Seems like a waste to us.
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we are! We have a lot of out-of-town guests coming so we think a rehearsal dinner is a great way to spend extra time with our of-of-town guests.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, not a formal one but we are going to dinner after ou rehearsal
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having a formal one, but two days before the wedding my future mother-in-law is having a dinner for everyone on her side, which is basically the majority of the guests.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think just a low key rehearsal dinner, hoping for like a bbq or pizza at someones house. Just immediate family and the wedding party will be there.

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a rehearsal dinner but a really informal one. Our immediate family (parents, brothers and sisters, and grandparents) and wedding party will be there. We plan to have a BBQ after we finish setting up the decor at the venue to say thanks as well as to loop anyone in on details who couldn't make it to the set up. I think we will also do wedding party gifts but that one might be tricky due to some minor family drama... lol

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t have one
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having one!

Serving - nothing? lol, it's going to be BYOM (bring your own meat!) and we will have a BBQ but we will supply the sides.

The people on this invite list will be the wedding party and their plus ones (as most of them will be staying the night in order to get ready with us in the morning), my immediate family, his immediate family. That's it though! Total will be around 25 or so (just a guess).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics