Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Curious August 2022 Alberta

Alcohol budget (toonie bar for 100 people)

Melanie, on January 11, 2022 at 04:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 19
What was or is everyone’s budget for alcohol? We are doing a toonie bar with about 100 people in attendance
Edited by WeddingWire

19 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on February 5, 2022 at 19:02
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Amanda!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All guests pay $2 for drinks and the bride and groom pay for the rest of it. So for example each drink is $10 and your guests pay $2 then the bride and groom pay $8
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm curious-what is a toonie bar?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Toonie bar is a great idea since you won't have to fork out a lot on your end and you can provide 2 tickets each guest as complimentary drinks on you as they would then pay for themselves. This should be noted on the invitation to say Come prepared for Toonie Bar.

• Sheena
    Newbie August 2022 Alberta
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We put a $3000 budget for alcohol, hubby’s side is whiskey drinkers, my side is more beer drinkers, we are also doing a toonie bar
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lizzy we are doing the same, we currently have 90 people on the guest list about half will drink, our wedding is on a Friday so many will be coming after work.

• Lizzy
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Lizzy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We plan to have a cash or ticket bar (first two drinks on us, the rest is paid by guests). We’re not big alcohol drinkers, so this wasn’t a high priority for us. I’d still like to have a signature drink though (Gronk spike-d lemonade, based on our football theme!).

• Joy
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don’t drink alcohol and so we have decided to have wine for the table’s (included in our package). Many of our friends are also non-drinkers, however, we will have a buy your own drink bar too. We will only pay for $150 if they don’t sell enough drinks.

So far we have had good feedback about this decision.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have an open bar calculated into our meal price. We also got an incredible deal on our package.
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    SO TRUE! Wow!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh yes it does. Both families are Ukrainian and can drink! Our drinks are on the higher end of the price range since it's all coming from the venue (winery) 9.50 and up depending on what you want to drink. I don't want to fork out thousands of dollars! If they have to pay for their own drinks theyre be more cautious and then they won't be putting down so many drinks forgetting about them and grabbing another!
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We decided on this too! Our venue coordinator suggested that because of waste, people getting drunk and the cost... It goes up quickly!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL, we were in the same boat as you. Originally budgeted $40+tax and gratuity per head for an open bar. Then the pandemic came and we realized only members of one table would be having more than two drinks. Some tables even told us not to bother putting wine out for them. Changed to a consumption bar and the wallet thanked us Smiley laugh

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My hubby and I made our own wine for our wedding and place them on the tables. The the only alcohol we had at the wedding. We did not want to put ourselves in expense, so we did not proceed with that.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've budgeted to spend $50 per guest on alcohol. Which seems like a lot, but our family likes to drink. $2000 for our 40 guests, open bar, but probably limited selection.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was very important to us that guests do not pay to be guests at our wedding (culturally and personally). Of course we do understand why others don't or can't do this (toonie bar is definitely a happy medium). That being said, this drastically affects what the budget would be for others and is a completely personal personal choice like the rest of a budget. We didn't have one and had calculated that we would be dishing out 9k for open bar for 120 guests. Thankfully the pandemic changed things (including how much guests drank at the wedding) and we just paid per drink + table wine, which totalled $2100 for 49 people. We did a happy dance when the bill came - no joke 😅.
  • Laura
    Newbie July 2022 Saskatchewan
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning a budget of around $2,000 for alcohol. We are also having a toonie bar.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing Cash bar. That way our guests pay for their own drinks and we don't have a massive bill at the end of the night.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you supplying the alcohol and hiring a licensed server or is this done through your caterer? That will affect the budget and final cost.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics