Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashlea
Curious June 2021 Alberta

Alberta Restrictions

Ashlea, on November 25, 2020 at 14:39 Posted in Alberta 0 16
Alberta Restrictions 1
With the new restrictions for Alberta that became effective yesterday, it states the max number doesn’t include staff or people who are not considered an invited guest. Would you say photographers, videographers, and ceremony DJ’s would be in this category? Or would they be considered guests?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Ashlea, on January 7, 2021 at 16:24
  • Ashlea
    Ashlea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I finally got an answer!
    Alberta Restrictions 2

• Brooklyn
    Curious February 2021 Ontario
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be from my health unit

• Brooklyn
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So not every minister can preform a wedding.... You have to be registered through Ontario and that is why it's not considered part of their job

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This makes no sense as many wedding industry jobs are also irregular gig-economy roles that are side gigs for many people. So not sure why they would not count towards a gathering limit when an ordained minister who performs marriages as part of their duties for their religious profession would, especially when they're integral to the marriage process. You can get married without a DJ, decorator, photographer etc. You can't get married without an officiant.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Again, where are you seeing this? Because anything related to staffing and gathering limits I've seen on the Ontario website hints at being staff of the facility, or at least make no overt/explicit mention of external vendors.

I'm not trying to argue. I'm actually trying to see where you're reading this info.
  • Brooklyn
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In our area the officiant is not included because they don't consider being a minister a regular job.

• Brooklyn
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you try contacting your local health unit? Often they are able to give you a better answer.

• Brooklyn
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So that is our rules...

Our guidlines state that ANY vendor does not count.

• Ashlea
    Ashlea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s exactly what I’m thinking. I have been trying to get an answer from the government, they won’t give me any information over the phone, just tell me to check online and email biz connect. And even biz connect’s answers are very vague. Still working on getting a clear, definite answer.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I highly recommend looking into your municipality's health unit rules because they can add further specifications and restrictions on what the province states. For example, while the Province of Ontario tries to be vague with their language when referencing facilities and their staff, the City of Toronto specifically states that people like the officiant count towards your gathering limit. And if someone as integral to the marriage process as an officiant counts, I can't imagine they would exempt the photographer and DJ.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where does it say that an external vendor like photographer etc don't count towards the limit? Anytime I see a gathering limit exclusion, it's based on the staff of a facility, which a photographer is not.

• Brooklyn
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know that in Ontario it is worded very closely to that. Photographers ect DO NOT count towards the limit.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I read it as staff of the venue are not included. If it was all vendors, I'm not sure why they would specifically exclude officiant, as they are a non-venue staff vendor. So unless your photographer, videographer, DJ, etc. are part of the venue I think they count towards the 10.

But if you want to know for sure I'd recommend calling AHS and asking for clarification. Better safe than be fined for a misunderstanding.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do believe you're right about the photographer dj etc not being included in the count. That's how I feel when I read those restrictions

• Ashlea
    Ashlea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Exactly what I was thinking as well. If you find anything out, please let me know. I’m also trying to look into it.
  • R
    Beginner December 2020 Alberta
    Rachelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am trying to figure this out myself. In my opinion photographers, videographers etc are considered staff because they were not invited as a guest. They were hired as a vendor to do a job.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics