Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenn
Frequent user March 2019 Ontario

Affordable veils?

Jenn, on November 21, 2018 at 22:14 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18

Every veil I've liked so far is wayyyy too expensive in most bridal stores....$900 plus.

Any suggestions on where to find an affordable cathedral length veil with a little beaded lace embellishment?

How can tulle be soooooo expensive? :'(

18 Comments

Latest activity by Dar, on November 29, 2018 at 16:18
  • Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a birdcage veil off amazon for $20 - totally gorgeous and looks nicer than the $150 ones at david’s Bridal
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    RIGHT?! You’re just paying for the name. I thought that the lace of the dress I loved would be hard to match but even the most expensive veil on jjhouse is worth it because it matches to a T and it’s 1/3rd of the price of the actual matching veil.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG where are you guys finding these veils?! Haha. Granted mine's a raw edge cathedral length tulle veil, but it was $249, and I got 10% off because I'd purchased my dress at the salon... It's huge, and stunning, and has a big, sturdy metal comb.

• Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol...I was shocked at prices in stores!!! I agree, it’s tulle...how can they charge sooooo much!! I saw a Pinina Tornei at kleinfelds and it was $1200!
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And leave it to me to find the ONE VEIL I LIKE THE MOST on jjhouse to be 186 dollars. Bah humbug
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a side tidbit my girlfriend went to a sample sale to buy hers for over half off. Sample sales, trunk shows etc. are usually thought of as just for dresses but there’s a ton of veils and accessories that are marked down too. JJhouse looks like the least expensive option though; they look similar to the ones from AliExpress and wish but they’re all priced well and I mean... it’s literally just a freaking veil it does NOT need to be over 100 dollars.
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ladies, thank you so much for the recommendation for jj’s house! Never ever heard of it before now. Such good prices. Ordering my veil this weekend!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was because of one of your comments awhile ago that I even thought to try jjhouse! So thank you! I couldn’t justify $300 on something I’ll wear for 2 hours lol. It would be easy enough to re-sell them unused too!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree!! I was looking at David's Bridal and the fingertip veils were $300 like.. nope!! So I thought for $50 (and that's biting 3 of them) it was worth a shot?? And in soooo happy I did!! I absolutely love mine too I cannot get over how nice it is for the price!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got mine from JJ house as well. It was under $30, it’s a very simple cathedral length and it’s beautiful! I was floored with how soft it was and how well made! The prices do seem unreal, but the plain one I picked from the bridal store was $300! So I figured it wasn’t a huge loss to try jjhouse and it worked out in my favour
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! Smiley smile Much appreciated.

• Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the recommendation. I totally found one I like on their site!! The prices seem unreal?! Hope my luck with quality is as good as yours was!!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    ALRIGHT! Check out JJs House online! I bought 3 different fingertip length veils from there (couldnt decide on the style I wanted) all for under $20 each!! I ended up picking 1 of the 3 and am selling the other 2! AND THEY ARE SUPER NICE!!!! More than worth the tiny price tag on them I'm so sooo happy with mine!!! Its hanging in my closet (theres a crease from shipping) but hanging and a little steam and itll be perfect! Photo is the one I decided to keep!! They do carry Cathedral length as well!!

Affordable veils? 1
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great suggestion, thank you! I will check her out.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second One Blushing Bride on Etsy. She’s been amazing to work with and totally affordable!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's gorgeous, if I didn't already have one I'd love that!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out one blushing bride on etsy
    She has beautiful and affordable veils. And her customer service is bar none. All i did was favorite her etsy page (cuz i didnt want to forget) and she sent me the kindest message thanking me. And offering to send free fabric swatches as well as help me pick a veil.
    When i told her im still not sure what i. Doing. Just got a super understanding message.
  • Vermie
    Newbie December 2018 Manitoba
    Vermie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have this veil, i can sell to you for 100 + shipping if you’re interested.

Affordable veils? 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics