Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keona
Beginner June 2019 Ontario

Affordable honeymoon ideas?

Keona, on July 13, 2018 at 15:53 Posted in Honeymoon 0 8

My future hubby and I really have no idea where we want to go for our honeymoon... We're stuck between somewhere hot that includes a resort, or a place that's fun for touring and sightseeing. Any ideas? We don't have a huge budget, so I'd also appreciate it if anyone has suggestions on ways to save a bit!

Thank you!

Keona

8 Comments

Latest activity by Angel, on July 25, 2018 at 12:25
  • Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I loved Quebec City! It's romantic like Europe but you get the cost savings of staying within the same country. Since you are in Ontario, it's literally just right next door! I have a sample itinerary on my travel blog that you can take a look for Quebec City to get some ideas!

https://mschanchanstraveladventures.com/category/north-america/

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can find some great deals in the Caribbean and most of the resorts are pretty close to other things of interest so you could go touring too.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cuba is VERY affordable. You could probably find something for as little as $1500 for the entire thing!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For something affordable, definitely check out Mexico! It's great but you can also get amazing deals!! I've heard costa Rica is also quite affordable!
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are in the same boat, not sure where we will go, but we will wait to go for a while to save up vacation time. We will be having a mini moon in Jasper. My mom and I did go to Iceland and there was a flight sale for having a stop over in Iceland. It is very nice and if you are interested I would suggest renting a car would probably be cheaper. There are some tours and lots of things to do. Reykjavik was so beautiful and my mom and me walked around for hours. We stayed in a sort of a hostel room on the Main Street. The benefit was we were close to a lot of places, the downfall was that there was people singing sometimes late as night and the acoustics in the main road carried well, not that the singing was bad lol.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jamaica! Mexico! Punta Cana!
    You can do a week all I cludive at these places for 1500 a piece if you keep your eyes out for a deal!
    Also! A bit riskier... but if you guys both plan a week off work, try booking within a month or a few weeks of that vacation week and you can get crazy good deals!!! Those last minute deals are a steal and just as good as booking months in advance! Honestly you can do 7 days in Mexico at a 5 star resort for 700 bucks.. but you just gotta book super last minute!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends what you want to do. We just wanted to relax after our wedding. No plans. We’re still exploring the area where we are staying, but we don’t feel rushed and we don’t feel we have to do anything
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to Cancun for a week at an all inclusive resort (Riu Palace Penninsula). Not sure how you feel about Zika? That seems to be a big concern for a lot of couples but my fiancé and I are fine with waiting 6 months to try for a baby. We used a travel agent online and she didn’t charge the fee you would pay going into an agency. It was helpful to tell her our budget and get a bunch of options. Most trips you can book and pay your deposit and pay the rest at a later date. Unfortunately the resort/sale we chose you couldn’t do that but another one we liked would have let us book in March (when we are looking) and pay our total in July and our honeymoon is in September.
    Certain seasons/months have cheaper rates too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics