Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2019 Alberta

Affordable flowers?

Katherine, on August 8, 2019 at 11:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi all,
My wedding is at the end of this month and I still have not figured out flowers (it has been a very hectic, short engagement!).
I cannot afford very much and am looking for affordable options in Calgary. What I would have spent on flowers had to be spent on dress alterations - $385 just to get it hemmed and taken in slightly at the top Smiley sad

I heard Costco flowers can be nice and affordable, but they don’t have many options from what I can see. Do you know of any good ones? Thanks!!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on August 11, 2019 at 03:02
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly Costco or Zehrs are great and affordable!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Girrrl go to costco!! you'll have to make the bouquets yourself but it saved us sooo much money

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go into Costco and talk to their floral person. They have way more options than online!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some places have prepared artificial bouquets to rent if you wish not to have real flowers and pay more for what you pay for yourself and bridesmaids. Centerpieces the same with the vase. I did rent vases and floral ball which saved tons rather than purchasing. Not to mention renting a money box too.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

COSTCO!!!!

If you give them a picture and the vases to put them in, I'm pretty sure they assemble them for you!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say either fake flowers (Michaels or any other craft store), or Costco.

You could also go to a flower shop, or garden centre and get some flowers to make your own

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could make your own. I know there are some good YouTube videos showing how to make simple bouquets. I know boutonnieres can be trickier to DIY but you could get those even at a grocery store florist (I know Fortino's where I live does nice flowers, and you can use Optimum points if you have them).

Etsy also has some nice bouquets but you'd have to check shipping time. Dried flower bouquets are surprisingly beautiful, dont need refrigeration beforehand, and are very frugal.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if you would want faux flowers but JJ's house is good and online- fast shipping

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics