Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tamanna
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Advice from a pandemic bride

Tamanna, on November 25, 2021 at 15:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 9
Hi everyone, we tied the knot in stage 1 of the pandemic on June 27, 2021 and it was more beautiful than we could've imagined. It was a sunny day after a week of rain and since our ceremony was outdoors we couldn't be more grateful. That being the absolute truth I have some advice for the brides to be:
1. If you're getting a Videographer and a photographer its best if they are from the same team, that way they don't get in each other's throats about the different shots they want. It can get overwhelming listening to their instructions especially when getting ready.
2. Have lash glue on you at all times, not someone else. You'll cry from happiness!3. Make sure you do a trial run with your makeup artist before the wedding. If they refuse or don't have time, go with someone else and that's that. Sometimes the colours on their palette look different on your eyes depending on your skin tone so its a big deal. You wanna look your best on your Wedding day.4. Have transportation ready for your wedding night destination. Some people may offer to give you a ride, like your parents or friends but know that they might have other things to do after the wedding. Book a transportation ahead for your peace of mind.And lastly,5. Triple check dates about when you're going to get your photos and videos back, have it written on the contract and if possible have the exact date written as well. With the pandemic we had family who couldn't make it waiting on the forever, so it's less than ideal.
Really hope you find some of these tips helpful and have a wonderful wedding day. We loved our special day and are very grateful to our vendors, especially Scarborough Golf Club and Rana Attia Events for making it all come together.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on November 28, 2021 at 16:07
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Tamanna! 🎉🍾🥂
    Those are some amazing advise! I’m happy that you had a lovely wedding! Wishing you and your hubby lots of happiness and blessings! 🙏🏾
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!
    Great tips especiallyfor the photos and video as the vendors can get multi tasking on others while working on yours. I lost my footage for the wedding to have a remake dine as the quality wasn't great of the final result. I am waiting to hear or know of the back up from the vendor.
  • Jenelle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lots of great advice! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Tamanna
    Tamanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you too!
  • Tamanna
    Tamanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Hank, thank you so much! He ended up renting last minute from Moores because he didn't go earlier in the year when things were open a bit more but he looked great so it's all good haha Smiley smileAdvice from a pandemic bride 1

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations, Tamanna! A lot of good points.

By the way, I'm curious as to where your husband ended up getting his suit. I remember that was one major worry you had for him.

• R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you and Congrats.
  • Tamanna
    Tamanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No worries Laura Smiley heart
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for sharing your wisdom Tamanna! It's important to think of the little things when planning and this is great advice!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics