Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Advice for two dresses

Jillian, on February 28, 2021 at 21:58 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11
Are you doing two dresses? Is your 2nd dress more comfy, and/or sexier than your ceremony dress? What’s the difference between the two. I’m looking for suggestions on when to change into my 2nd dress. Lots of variables involved but I would like to know what other ideas are.
I

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jillian, on March 1, 2021 at 19:37
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea! However... my mom and step mom have never met and my mom is not the type who would be friends with my dads current wife lol but if I have them separate I’ll keep that idea in mind!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that is sweet! If you're doing getting ready photos you should get a shot of each mom zipping up "her" dress!
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought my 2nd dress after we decided to post pone in the event we then decided to elope, but we aren’t eloping so I will wear two on our wedding day. The 2nd dress was almost 75% off. The two dresses total equal my initial budget. My mom bought my first dress and my step mom bought my 2nd dress and that feels sentimental for me.
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree thanks for the feedback. I want sunset pics with both dresses so I’m thinking doing my ceremony dress for a couple pics and then changing to my 2nd dress for a couple picks then maybe head into our first dance and doing the reveal then..
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did 2 dresses because we had a coreo dance and there was no way I could dance in my big gown. The second dress was pretty simple, was mainly just a comfort thing for the dance. But after the dance I changed right away to my main dress!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would make sense to change when there's a natural break in things. So it could be between the ceremony and reception or it could be after dinner but before dessert, etc. Essentially I'd try to schedule it when you're likely to have a spare 15 minutes where nothing is really going on so you don't feel like you're being pulled away from the fun.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love my dress and want to keep it on as long as possible, so I won't be getting a second one. My aunt had a second one though that she changed into before the reception and was just a simple floor length dress with a shoulder covering. She had a second one because her ceremony dress was very poofy and had a long train so she didn't want to deal with that during the reception. Which I understand, but knowing the price that she paid for the ceremony dress on top of a second one made me almost faint lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 dresses are great to wear though getting the attachment to remove the bottom portion for the reception can work to make the dress simpler for dancing.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I might get a different dress for our reception, since it is a year after our ceremony. Part of me wants to put my wedding dress back on, especially for the family who missed out in 2020. But if we postpone and further than 2021 I'll definitely want something simpler!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm definitely not doing a second dress. I love my dress too much to switch into another one lol

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure if I'm going to have a 2nd "wedding dress" but I definitely plan on getting a white summer dress so I have something more comfortable to change into at some point! But I do love the idea of having a sexier reception dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics