Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Beginner October 2020 Ontario

Advice for Groom's suit

Courtney, on September 24, 2019 at 12:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

We're planning a wedding centered around rustic spring themes, green is the focal colour because spring! My FH really loves plaid/tartan patterns and would like a vest/tie that has a green plaid pattern that somewhat works along with my bridesmaid's dresses (which are a forest/emerald green). The problem we found is most suit stores have very limited colours and patterns. And that green in particular is not very common not even factoring in the plaid pattern.

Does anyone here have experience with custom groom fashion? Any tips for finding what we're looking for without breaking the bank? My fiance just wants to look snazzy on his big day!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on October 4, 2019 at 04:54
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, Courtney!

Green is such a fab color for a spring, rustic themed wedding!

Did you check out Moore's yet? Are they able to custom make something for your FH?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tartan material is Scottish plaid which can be found in specialty tailors and customized to his choice. The colours to match your BMs dress can work to the green he likes. General suit stores don't seem to have the material your particularly looking for.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was also going to suggest Moore's. My FH wanted a blue paisley suit and they told me they can do custom suits and do it for him. But we ended up finding one at Marshal's.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH's suit and his GM's suits are from Moore's and they are all custom - if you haven't checked there I would recommend it! I know they have plaid's available but not sure if it comes in green as we weren't looking at colours (looking at grey's).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics