Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Advice for finding venues for weddings with 50 guests

Megis, on April 5, 2018 at 23:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Trying to find a good venue for about 50 wedding guests.

Short of using city hall are there any brides with good advice in this department? Or have you been to a small wedding gathering?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Cynthia, on April 6, 2018 at 18:43
  • Cynthia
    Beginner July 2019 Quebec
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be 50 aduts and our venue is a golf course :-) its gorgeous ♡
  • M
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll definitely look into intimate weddings.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used Intimate Weddings (you can google it) as they have some recommendations on there.

Quite a few event spaces have smaller rooms as well... I was aiming between 50 to 75 people and found too that I didn't meet a lot of places requirements. Some of the places I looked at:

Royal Botanical Gardens (They have a variety of different rooms that fit different size functions)

Golf Courses - Glenn Abbey in Oakville for example. Again a variety of different size spaces.

Glenn Erin Inn in Mississauga

I think the Doctors house is smaller too.

Any Pearle event space.. so Cambridge Mill, Ancaster Mill, Spencers, etc.

Paletta Mansion in Burlington/Oakville.

Wineries in St. Catharines and Niagara typically host smaller weddings as well.

There's actually quite a few options out there!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Keep looking! I'm sure you'll find the right one. When negotiating never tell them the exact amount of people you are having! When we booked I knew that we would have close to 225 and the room held that but I didn't want to guarantee that many people. So I discussed with the hall between 150-200 and they asked me to guarantee 150.

Good luck Smiley smile
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having a similar sized wedding. Our ceremony is at a historic manor house and then reception at hotel. Many hotels will have smaller function rooms that they don't heavily advertise. They may not be as glorious as the grand ballroom but a few decorations can fix that!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great advice Lisa! Definitely look at restaurants with large private dining rooms. Also hotels and country clubs are a good bet because they frequently have multiple event spaces at each property that vary in size!
  • M
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just beginning to look and I was only finding venues with a large minimum for guests
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had the opposite problem where I couldn't find an interesting venue other than banquet halls for 225 guests.

Having a small guest list gives you options for some pretty cool spots I think.

You could try restaurants with private dining rooms, golf courses, hotels and/or vineyards.

Have you gone to look at anything so far?
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Clayburn school house is perfect for small weddings,Milner chapel and their little hall would be cute as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics