Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Advice for destination wedding and Save the Dates

Jillian, on December 3, 2018 at 10:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Half of our guests(~50 ppl) will be travelling from SK to ON and our wedding date is Sept 2020.

We will be sending out Save the dates in Feb 2019 and our invites in October 2019, almost all our guests know our wedding date already. Our hotel blocks can't give out of our booking code until a year before the wedding (Sept 2019). Our guests travelling already asked us for the hotels. Now my thoughts are:

Do we add the wedding website on our Save the Dates with the hotel address but no code yet and update the site when we know? Or leave out the website on the save the dates, and add it to the invites when we know the code.

Also, we are having no kids, so should we put on the save the dates a phrase for adults only so that when the invite comes they aren't surprised?

I know this is confusing but any advice would help Smiley smile

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 6, 2018 at 17:59
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save the dates can let your guests know the date, city and country of destination. More information to follow on the website. Venue name and location to check on google map or internet.
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would add it to the save the date and you can do your save the day like a boarding pass for destination. I wanted to do that but didn’t have a destination wedding
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would put the wedding website and no kids on the save the date
    and just update your website as you have the new info

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would put the website for sure! It can be a good reference point for people to check back with! You can send a message to everyone when the update for the room code happens and they will be able to check the site easily!

Also you can mention no kids on the Save the Dates! Maybe just have a note at the bottom a simple "19+ event"

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good idea thanks!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

I would definitely add the wedding website on the save the date. Beyond that, any other relevant information should be on the website. You don't want to over-stuff your save the dates.

Depending on when you receive the codes, you can add them to a 'details' card in your wedding invitation suite. As well as reiterating that it's an adult-only event on the same card.

If you put the codes on the wedding website, make sure that the website is secure and only accessible to your guests. You wouldn't want your code pop up on a google search.

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great thank you! I was also maybe thinking of adding a detail card, just letting them know there will be shuttles, which airport would be best to book at, room blocks will be available and then maybe the no kid phrase on the detail card? At least just to the out of town guests?

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would add the code to the website once you know it. You may not want to clutter up your save the dates too much. Plus, they can't book right now anyway, so there's not much point.

I would also think kids can wait, but if you think people are already starting to book their travel, you may want to let them know now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics