Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Adults-Only or Kid-Friendly?

Lynnie, on October 1, 2018 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 21

Is your reception guest list limited to just the adults, or are kids welcome as well? Will your reception be a family affair?

Adults-Only?

Adults-Only or Kid-Friendly? 1

Photo from The DJ & Company in Toronto

Or Kid-Friendly?

wedding-photographer-montreal-455_50_203Photo by Steve Gerrard Photography

Next Question: Assigned Seats or Assigned Tables?

Or start from the beginning: Are you reception ready?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 17, 2018 at 00:42
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The way our liquor license is kids are only allowed until 8:30pm

• Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going with an adult only wedding. I find that many of my friends and family members would love one night away with their spouse to just let lose and have a fun night without the kids, and I dont really want to have to worry about the added costs that come with kid friendly menu choices and entertainment for children. Not to mention the potential for children misbehaving and crying during the ceremony and reception would stress me out way too much... not something i want to deal with on my wedding day.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In the middle. I'd love to have an adults-only wedding, but unfortunately, I really adore my nieces and nephews and want them there haha

We are limiting it to immediate family though. Being a DW obviously everyone who has kids is welcome to bring them along (we are choosing a family-friendly resort and ensuring we pick one that has good childcare services and on-resort kids programs) but only nieces and nephews will be invited to the actual event.

• Angelica
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Angelica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided on adults only except for our son who will be in the wedding party. Biggest reason was there were atleast 15 kids and that would have pushed us over and into a bigger room costing us more. Although because of a mix up of dates we have a bigger room now so I’m not sure what our final decision will be. For me I’m leaning to no kids...I don’t want to stress out about certain kids who aren’t very well behaved causing a ruckus which will undoubtedly cause me anxiety.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only kids we had were mine and my husbands nieces and nephews 4 kids altogher)
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid-friendly, however we're hoping that we don't get too many coming.

• Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a child to be had at ours! We want an elegant affair, where people can still have a great time and not have to worry about tripping over Cousin-so-and-sos 5 kids. It also was a huge factor when it came to budgeting, it cut almost 30 people from our guest list and several mutual friends are having or planning to have several more in the next couple of years. I'm not looking forward to the push back, but I'm prepared to handle it!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly. No indian wedding has ever been adults only. Family matters to us and to celebrate all together.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a 100% adults only wedding. We were a little uncertain of the decision at first, but it cuts 35+ seats immediately from the guest list (almost all our under 19 crowd are still 5yrs+)... and also, it's a late night party... I want everyone to just enjoy, and not be leaving early to put their kids to bed.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly! My youngest siblings will only be 8 & 10
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid Friendly!

We have some important kids in the family so we are letting parents decide that and not us!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Adults only!! It's an open bar and we have some wild family so that reason no kids allowed!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly! It was so fun. They were by far the most entertaining on the dance floor!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid-friendly, but for about 4 kids only.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly, but we won't be having that many kids. All the cousins are growing up!!

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly, most of our guests are coming from abroad so we'd want them to bring their children if they would like them to be there. There won't be a lot of kids there anyways even if they'd all bring them we don't have too many young children in our family or friends
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults only.

The only children that will be at our wedding will be close family as 2 of them are part of the wedding party and we wouldn't want to exclude them.

Plus many of the children outside our immediate family we don't see on a regular basis anyways

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very kid friendly as ours will be a big part of our day Smiley smile
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly bc we’re big kids at heart!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid-friendly! Our count so far for under 18 yr old guests is 15.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults Only! Literally an 18+ event!

Unfortunately our venue only fits 210 - but are letting us have 250 - and with that we don't want to give up seats for kids that won't even understand what is going on or remember it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics