Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Frequent user October 2019 Ontario

Adding Rhinestone Trim to my Dress - Where to go in Toronto?

Stefanie, on April 8, 2019 at 14:40 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

Ladies help!

I bought my dress back in October. I absolutely love my dress, but it was definitely missing the bling factor I was looking for. The consultant convinced me that I could make the dress more personalized if I purchased some rhinestone trimming and had a belt sewn onto the dress itself, and straps made to match. She mentioned that there were some place in downtown Toronto on Queen St. W and Spadina that would carry what I am looking for, however, I am very unfamiliar with these types of shops.

I am now only 4 months away from my first alterations appointment and I have been unable to figure out where to go to buy the trim to add to my dress. Is there anyone in the Toronto or GTA that can suggest some seamstress stores that might carry rhinestone trim that can be added to my dress. I need to be able to buy a couple yards of it so that it can go all the way around my dress as a belt, as straps, and as a belt on my maid of dress as well.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Catherine, on April 14, 2019 at 06:57
  • Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Etsy has a beautiful selection as well! Same story here, simple dress needing a bit of bling. I bought my rhinestone belt there (i prefer online shopping haha), and I am really pleased with the quality.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh darn. Hope you're able to find something around your area then!!!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Cliodhna - My dress is the Londyn Gown by Hayley Paige from Kleinfelds here in Toronto.

Adding Rhinestone Trim to my Dress - Where to go in Toronto? 1

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Madge! I am definitely going to look into Kings Textiles to see what they offer.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome thanks! My dress was purchased at Kleinfeld's and will be altered by them as well. All of the trim option the consultant showed me were significantly overpriced, which is why she suggested that I look at other shops and just bring in the trim to my first fitting. I have checked Michaels and they didnt really have anything I was looking for. I will have to do a google search to find the closest Fabricland to me as I live in downtown Toronto, and there are definitely no Fabriclands around here haha

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stefanie!

Great advice from the previous posters, I would also advise you speak with the seamstress and see if this is something she could source. She may also recommend a store to visit.

Do you have a picture of your dress you're comfortable to share? I'd love to see it Smiley smile

• Madge
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Madge ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the pp that you should call the seamstress to see if they can just provide it or if she knows an actual store. I was trying to find trim for a veil and a belt as well and these are some I came across on amazon: Trim 1, Trim 2, Trim 3, blingy belts.

There's King's Textiles and I believe Leo's Textiles in that area which are fabric stores. Give them a call and see if they sell rhinestone trim before hand so you don't waste your time going there and they don't even sell any. They probably would have suggestions where you could find rhinestone trims as well. Good luck!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Before you buy anything, I'd give your seamstress a call and ask her if this is something she can provide in-house OR if she recommends any stores where you can purchase it yourself and bring to your appointment.

If not, then I would check Fabricland or Michael's.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics