Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kalvin
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Adding a plus one into rsvp

Kalvin, on February 23, 2018 at 11:08 Posted in Tech support 0 5
So how were you guys and gals adding plus ones too the RSVP lists?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on February 23, 2018 at 16:55
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kalvin! We recommend adding plus ones using the format "guest's last name + guest" - so if you are inviting Joe Doe and a guest, add them to your guest list as "John Doe" and "Doe Guest". That way when they are searching for their name to RSVP they'll see the guest option as well! Smiley smile

• Kalvin
    Kalvin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ill add a bit more information, I'm talking more about on the website. Is there anyway to actually put on the website (other than just saying if yiu need a plus one...blah blah blah. ) that some people are allowed a plus one

I kind of do like the idea of putting it in their name as "john doe & +1" inside the RSVP
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone has their own preferences on wedding size/budget/guest list... In my own opinion, if I, or my FH, don't know your name or who you are, you're not invited. We are not giving anyone other than immediate siblings/single parents, and option of plus one. Friends/cousins/etc, you're either with someone now that we know, or you can come stag.

However, some peoples' plans permit them to allow for more guests, in which case, have at 'er. I would then says "John Smith & Guest". So they know they are permitted a guest. Then on the RSVP card, have it say: "John Smith and _____________" with your RSVP options... so there is a space for them to add the name so you have it for seating plans.

• Kalvin
    Kalvin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I can understand that Karen I'm just thinking about the 1st cousins that i have that may or may not have the same girlfriends that I once knew haha. I guess i could always tell them to just put their +1 in the comment section when adding themselves? That message only goes to my email correct? Or does it go on the site as Well?
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me i added the names on the rsvp. We're keeping the wedding small so we want only closes family and friends. So that way we eliminate the 2nd 3rd cousins or like those family members that hasn't really been in our lives. We also did told our families that this is small wedding and we want only the ones that has been really been close to us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics