Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Beginner October 2022 Ontario

Add sleeves to dress or not?

Victoria, on September 17, 2022 at 18:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
I had my first dress fitting today and I was set on adding off the shoulder sleeves, but now I’m not sure. Let me know your opinions. First picture is my dress. Second picture is what I envisioned. Last picture is what the seamstress says she can do because she says I wouldn’t be able to move my arms if she made sleeves like the picture I chose. Should I leave it strapless or add the sleeves?Add sleeves to dress or not? 1
Add sleeves to dress or not? 2

Add sleeves to dress or not? 3

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on September 19, 2022 at 08:22
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the sleeve look, I tried on a dress with them and it was one of my yesses but the reason I said no is because while I was standing there I kept lifting them up, then I was restricted on how far I can lift my arms to hug people, to dance and yes even move my arms, it was really annoying. Just standing there for 10 minutes I was like, 8 hours of arm confinement I was ready to rip them off. Maybe ask her if she can put them on temporarily and if you do get annoyed you can unbutton them? You can see while I was talking to the girl my left arm was automatically trying to lift it up to my shoulder.

Add sleeves to dress or not? 4

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look fabulous in the dress as it is- I wouldn’t change a thing! I bought my dress yesterday, for me those sleeves made me feel like my bra strap was falling down..
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your dress is very pretty. Like the sleevless. Would be best to try a similar dress with same type of sleeves to make sure you 1. Love it 2. Are comfortable in it. Either way, you will look lovely
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can you try on a dress that has sleeves to get an idea of you like them or not
  • P
    Curious August 2025 Alberta
    Pam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First things first, do you actually like the sleeves that the seamstress is recommending? I think it would be really pretty with the sleeves but if that wasn’t your original dream you may end up unsatisfied in the end
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally love the sleevless look! But if you truly envision your dress with sleeves, you should do it! It's your wedding day

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics