Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kira
Beginner September 2024 Ontario

Accessories and alterations

Kira, on January 14, 2024 at 10:09 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 2

I haven't found a dress yet, in fact I have not been into a dress shop as of yet, however, I have tried on my sister's gown from her wedding 15 years ago ( it is timeless, beautiful, and from the same dress shop our mom and our great grandmother's dress was from which has since closed down).

My sister and I are toying with the idea of altering her dress to work for me (it is quite a few sizes too small for me around the bust but the skirt is perfect). It would be sentimental and the dress is still in beautiful condition minus the need for a good professional clean.

My questions are:

- does anyone have experience in altering a gown to make it bigger in one area and is this even plausible?

- As well as, I'd love to find a way to get a long sleeved overlay that I can remove after the ceremony as the dress is strapless and the ceremony will be outside in October.

Any advice or guidance would be incredibly appreciated and thanks so much in advance!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Kira, on January 15, 2024 at 11:52
  • Kira
    Beginner September 2024 Ontario
    Kira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, I plan to do this also, I was just looking for input on personal experiences!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These questions I would ask a seamstress about since they know a lot more about this than most of us!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics