Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Frequent user September 2022 Alberta

Accessories

Rachel, on January 12, 2020 at 13:59 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
With so many blingy options for your big day - tiaras, earrings, necklaces, bridal belts, rhinestone appliques, bracelets, rings - how much is too much? What are you wearing with your dress?

I have a glittery dress with a low back, and was thinking of a backdrop necklace to accentuate this - but I also considered altering the straps to be thicker with potential for rhinestones, as well as a bridal belt to emphasize the "poof"
Accessories 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Candice, on January 14, 2020 at 11:44
  • Candice
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly a thin belt and the necklace you want would be perfect. Your dress is already stunning, I wouldn’t alter it much more.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow that is SUPER nice!! i would go with less jewelry like a simple necklace cuz you dont want to have it too much!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of putting a belt on your dress and maybe a necklace as well!

For my dress it was very basic in the front but the back had a bunch of detailing on it. Ended up just wearing a bracelet and earrings - I let my big boobs do the work for the front Smiley tongue

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow your dress is beautiful!! And a necklace with a drop back would look awesome with it.

Mine is also very simplistic with no bling and I think the only accessories I'll wear are earrings and possibly a necklace. FH's aunt gave me a set when we got engaged so I might wear those.

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds beautiful! I love glittery shoes 😊 I rarely wear jewelry day to day, so I feel like I want ALL the shiny glittery things haha
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful dress! I’d add a belt too.

My dress has no bling at all. It’s an a-line with tulle and embroidered flowers. I have some crystals in my headpiece. I will wear crystal earrings as well, and my grandmothers gold bangle bracelets. Not that anyone will see my shoes but they’re pure glittery gold
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The wonderful thing about accessories is that if you decide something is too much you just take it off!
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's true - I like the thin straps as well but they dig into my shoulders like crazy, I'm hoping maybe they can do something with alterations other than widening them.

I'll be doing a simple necklace, bracelet and earrings so hopefully if I go with a bridal belt it wont be too over the top!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you do the blingy straps I would nix the back necklace. The two might distract from each other. Personally I love the dainty straps it has now, but it's your dress not mine!

I love smaller sparkling bracelets, especially as your hands will be in a lot of photos.

If you're doing a really blingy necklace will you balance it out with smaller earrings or go for the big bling everything look?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics