Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonia
Frequent user May 2019 Quebec

a year and a half!

Sonia, on November 25, 2017 at 20:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20
You guys! Today makes a year and a half left until the wedding! I’m so excited and we’re really ahead with our planning that we can take it slow for a while and just enjoy being engaged. It still doesn’t feel real though :b I feel like we’re planning a really expensive party right now :b did anyone else feel like this?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Sonia, on December 20, 2017 at 18:17
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol yes, after the wedding everyone is going to be on baby bump watch. I’m excited to get the wedding over with though since I’m not a big fan of being the centre of attention :b
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As soon as the wedding happens all the excitement is over (for the party part, and being the centre of attention lol)! We're having a two year engagement and im stoked to just milk it.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you vwry much
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much. AND congratulations on 4 months on Christmas day! That is super exciting and bound to be a special day Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really glad for the two of you and the fact your ahead of yourselves to be prepared this early. I loved planning our wedding and doing the same you did to keep organized. It will be 4 months chrisnas day we have been married. Enjoy your extended engagement.
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh that’s amazing. We were actually thinking of doing that too. So a 2020 wedding but we sat down and talked about everything so 2019 it is lol

happt planning Smiley smile
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely agree. There are certain areas in my life where I prefer to be last minute (Work) and I work really well under pressure but with a wedding and especially that it’s our wedding, there’s no way I’m planning that last minute :b
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We felt that way as well, so much so that we moved our wedding date up a whole year!

But enjoy the time you have that way you can really decide what you want!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on being so far ahead! I highly recommend longer engagements so you can get all the vendors you most want before they book up and still enjoy time to just be engaged

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Enjoy being able to take things a little more slowly at points because things go by quickly! We have been married for almost 2 months already and I feel like just yesterday I was organizing seating charts and talking to vendors.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were engaged for just over 9 months so I know how you feel! Definitely get everything major done now so that it is only the small details toward the end.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! We’re planning on catching up with the major vendors during holidays in December, that we will both have days off. Hopefully after that we will also just casually be dealing with small details. However, it does feel like a party. Maybe with more formal attire ^^ but our wedding is going to be fairly intimate, 60 people all and all, so it actually looks like a party!
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! We've got our venue and our caterer and our photographer booked and I think we're going to chill for a little while too.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes totally know what you mean! I have liked it but in some ways, I'm telling myself come on let's get closer! I just want to be married already!! Not sure if other brides have went through that!
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh that’s amazing! I would be freaking out :b I’m sure everything is going to work itself out and youll have plenty of time to relax Smiley smile
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m excited to take a break but I absolutely love the planning lol I know people who hated planning their wedding. But wooooo getting things done early :b
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! For us we knew we wanted a long engagement, I also have really bad anxiety and knew the vendors we wanted so I wanted to book them right away. Also my fiancé is still in school so we plan on Tuesdays when he’s off and I don’t ask him to research anything. I’ll do the research and send him the info and we’ll decide together. But once we get our DJ and entertainment in 2 weeks, we’re going to take it slow until the second phase of our planning next year :b
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have about nine months to plan (seven left!). So it has been busy since getting engaged. But, I have been enjoying it all so far! I want to be able to relax the last couple weeks before the wedding, so I want to get things decided and done in the next couple months. I didn't want an engagement longer than a year so this is perfect for me!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started planning about then maybe a tad less! But I have a big chunk of my decor and most stuff booked! So we have really slowed down in the planning department! Definitely enjoying being able to relax 😋
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! We are also about a year and a half out and just booked our catering. I'm really happy that we're getting everything done early, since things are going to be really crazy for me with my schedule starting in the fall and I'm not going to have really any time to put towards planning then.

We haven't formally announced that we're getting married yet either and will have most of the major planning decisions done before we do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics