Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie July 2017 Ontario

6 months to plan!

Nicole, on January 14, 2017 at 21:29 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

Any tips on planning a wedding in 6 months or less??? Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Nicole, on January 17, 2017 at 13:49
  • Nicole
    Newbie July 2017 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Nicole! Congrats on your engagement! And welcome to the community! That's amazing! You're going to be such a pro! Smiley star

You can start taking a look at these checklist to know what to do first:

How To Start Planning Your Wedding

Checklist: Things to Do 12 months before the wedding

Checklist: Things to Do 9 months before the wedding

Checklist: Things to Do 6 months before the wedding

What have you done so far? How long have you been engaged? Smiley smile

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So my FH's cousin somehow pulled off her wedding in three months. She found a one and done venue for her reception where they pretty much worked out all the details for her.
    And instead of invites she did emails and aFacebook group haha
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Nicole. Welcome to the community! Lisa and Sam have pretty much nailed it. I would also suggest keeping the wedding small, it will make your life so much easier to coordinate a smaller wedding in a sorry time line. The biggest concern is definitely getting the venue and vendors. June/July is peak season and many vendors are booked a year out. It's still competently doable and I'm sure not EVERYONE is booked, you'll just need to be flexible and understand you may not get your first choices.
    Just take it one thing at a time. Venue is your absolute number 1, you don't have a date until you have a venue. Then dress. We're happy to help when we can do feel free to reach out!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! I agree with Sam! Budget budget budget first and more most! It takes time but it's important and will help you get on course and know what you are looking for.
    As far as the dress goes you may have to order off the rack. On orderable gowns you need about 8 to 12 months, or you will be subject to rush charges, and not all designers will do it. Off the top of my head I Maggie Soterro gowns do rush orders, and their gowns are usually reasonable in price!
    Would also suggest make a list of the items that are most important to book a date so you can get the places and vendors you want. Because of your limited time crunch, you'll have to solidify your date rather quickly.
    I would focus on venue first, church/officiant, DRESS for you and your bridal party (if you are having one?). (Bridesmaids dresses take about 4 months, plus you need time for alterations!), DJ, Photographer, Videographer, and Flowers and Invitations! Your wedding would go off without a hitch with all this done.
    Once the above is reserved you can focus on all the little details that you will want to make time for!
    Hope this helps and can't to hear more about your wedding!
    What's the vision for your wedding?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nicole! Welcome! I'd say you want to start with budget and finding a venue(s). Some venues are booked a year in advance so you probably want to start looking soon. Also you'll need to find a dress! Dresses generally take 4-6 months to come in so your options might be a little restricted.

Do you have an overall vision for your wedding? What made you choose your date? Look forward to hearing more about your wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics