Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
British Columbia

59 Days: Time for all the things...

Brittany, on November 21, 2018 at 14:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

We are just under 2 months til the Big Day! 59 days to go! Seems like a decent amount of time but that's just over 8 weeks, and there's Christmas/New Years in between!

This weekend, my mom is visiting from Vancouver Island, and bringing BOTH her glue guns (I already have one), to build centrepieces with me and my sister (MOH). I have my first dress alterations appointment (doubled up with my mom's MOTB dress fitting). I need to collect all the things I need for my wedding favours. And I need to purchase my marriage license.

Oh, and did I mention it's my mom's birthday too so we also have plans for that? Smiley laugh

It's going to be a BUSY busy weekend at my house, but hopefully I'll feel MUCH more accomplished/ calm after getting all of this done!

What's left on your To-Do list? Other brides who are getting married in early 2019, how are you feeling? It's creeping up fast!

My current big annoyance is the people who know they are coming to the wedding, have TOLD ME they are coming to the wedding, and follow up with "yeah I just need to RSVP"... and 2 months later, have not. I had to remind my own step sisters they haven't RSVP'd yet... about a month til my cut off, so I won't lose my cool on anyone... yet.

59 Days: Time for all the things... 159 Days: Time for all the things... 2

13 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on November 26, 2018 at 15:35
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good! You might be able to track some down with Christmas and all, especially family!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure my mom can chase down any missing people on her side, and my dad should reach out to his brothers/their kids... But I'm hoping by Christmas I won't have many people left to track down...

My guest list only had 105 people, and I think I'm only missing 37 RSVPs so far... which isn't that many people, just felt like a lot because it's almost have my list lol.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

GIRL!!! you got this!!!! Smiley smile

how did the fitting go yesterday???

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You got this Brittany! Could your mom/sister help call those roaming RVSP's and follow up? You sound busy buy after you get the license, everything will be optional like you said and hopefully that puts you at ease!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wonder if the bizarre dreams ever disappear? I think after the wedding is over they'll turn into nightmares about thank-you notes and whatnot.

Good luck with remembering to do things! I'm sure all your wedding (and non-wedding) planning will come together just as it's supposed to Smiley smile

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is going to come super quick! So exciting!
    I also am a list person. It makes things more organized!
    Love the RSVP pics. I feel like when it comes down to that for me I will just hunt people down lol
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eee... my fitting is on Thursday, and my veil is in... and I've got my wedding shoes and jewelry picked out now... so it'll be seeing the nearly full look! I went browsing by myself about 4 months before my appointment w/ moms and bridesmaids, and the dress I liked back in January was the last dress I put on in May, and it was instant tears= the one. But don't put too much pressure on yourself! Sometimes it takes sleeping on it to really know what you want.

I've been overly calm leading up to this point... To the point now I think my stress is manifesting in the weirdest ways. Bizarre dreams, falling asleep to the play-by-play of our First Look photos, the ceremony, speeches, etc... Having panic attacks over something as simple as realizing I should have signs to direct people to the parking lot... LOL.

I'm a person that needs lists, and checking stuff off those lists calms me down. So I will be the list queen for the next 2 months. I also got myself a day planner this year. It's super helpful with just everything... even regular non-wedding stuff... because I feel like the stress sometimes makes me forget things like my dentist appointment Smiley xd but it also lets me schedule due dates way out in advance and then I know they are coming. Like I made a note of when 90 days out was to go get the marriage license, and now I'm finally going to do it a month later than I planned... haha.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Show us your centrepieces when they are done! I'm struggling with mine!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Girl, you just put me at ease. I have a dress appointment booked for Friday by myself that I really hope gets me to "the one"!

Are you more excited now that the wedding date is so close or are you calmer? I'm excited for you that yours is coming up!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

After this weekend I will be... At least once I have my marriage license, everything I need to have done to get married will be ready... everything else is optional Smiley laugh

Let's see, to be the same distance from my wedding you are, it would put me back to May 8th... I only had my venue booked, my dress appointment was booked for May 12th. I had just booked our photographer... still needed an officiant, DJ, florist, my dress, his tux, bridesmaid dresses, groomsmen rentals, wedding bands, centrepieces, invites, save the dates, favours, etc.... LOL. So don't feel embarrassed at all! You'll get there Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow you're so close! I'm sure you're well on your way to having everything done.

I have literally so much on my to-do list for my August wedding that I'm embarrassed to talk about it lmao.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right? Haha. I was thinking of posting it on my Facebook, but the people who haven't RSVP'd aren't on there Smiley amazing

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding isn't even in early 2019 and I feel like it's creeping up on me! lol As for the RSVP's - love that first picture, I may just put it on my wedding website....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics