Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HauntedHeartBrides
Curious October 2023 Manitoba

32j Bride Considering Reduction Mammaplasty Before Wedding

HauntedHeartBrides, on January 19, 2022 at 05:05 Posted in Beauty 1 8

I have been attempting to get a breast reduction due to the chronic pain and back spasms the "girls" have been giving me ever since I ended up as a 34DDD at age 14. But with the USA healthcare system being what it is, private health insurance kept making me jump through hoops and refusing to pay for it. First I needed six months physical therapy, then I was told I was simply morbidly obese and told to not come back until I was a "healthy" 105- 115 lbs. My physical therapist, primary doctor, personal trainer AND plastic surgeon all agreed that this was ridiculous as I was healthy and had already lost a ton of weight and that most of the weight were coming from the girls. They eventually told me to just wait until I got to Canada since the healthcare system is much better up here than in the states so I let it go.

Now I'm still waiting for my Manitoba Health Card to arrive, but my wedding is in 630 days and I'm being told by the in-laws that the wait times might not allow me to heal properly in time for the wedding by the time I get the surgery booked.

Thing is, I'm a 32J size bust and it's impossible for me to wear the bras needed for the type of wedding dress I've got my heart set on, and I know that I would feel more comfortable with a bra that properly holds the girls in and doesn't cause me to need to add several yards of fabric to my dress just to keep from flashing the guests, but I'm also worried I'll screw myself over if i get the surgery before the wedding.

HELP! Has any other brides out there gone through a massive plastic surgery before your wedding?

8 Comments

Latest activity by LauraHunt, on December 15, 2022 at 06:46
  • LauraHunt
    Newbie December 2022 Ontario
    LauraHunt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a strange situation you've been in. I have deliberately had to deal with difficulties in health care and insurance. But I have never had to suffer like this. With the treatment of my cervical spine and the complicated surgery, I could just as quickly have had the surgery at visageclinic.com center. For a long time, I wanted to use this opportunity and get some corrections for my body. You were unlucky with your therapist, and the whole situation was comical. But if you think about it, by all means, go to that center. I hope you get over it and don't be sad about anything.

• HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, fortunately unlike the states, it only took me 7 months to get the surgery and I had it this past November 24th! Now I've gone from a 34JJ to a 36DDD! So happy! I'll be cleared for excersie in a month so I can work even more on getting in shape for the wedding!

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So I got my dress at a local store - you could check on the Essence of Australia website to see what local stores sell their brand. I actually didn’t get the first dress I loved because I ended up loving another style better, but both dresses were from the same brand. I’m in Ottawa and got my dress at the With Love bridal boutique.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I dont blame you there I'd be worried too. I hope everything works out for you
  • HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks. Hopefully I can get it to work or at least find a dress that fits properly. I've tried all the different kinds of support for strapless dresses but the girls are too large so they don't work. Been a problem since i was a kid- I actually full out flashed my high school's priest during prom because of this issue. Been anxious about proper support ever since.

• HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you know of any stores that might have dresses that work?

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally get your dilemma. I was actually super worried about finding a dress since I wear a 36M and was convinced that nothing would fit me. I actually looked into possibly getting my dress custom made. Huge shock for me was that I was able to find a dress that fits and that I can wear braless. My dress is an off the shoulder Essence of Australia dress 😊 if you’re unable to get the surgery before your wedding, maybe look into getting the dress you love with built in support (you may need to get it tailored to fit you elsewhere but that’s normal).
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really have no idea what this would be like. I think once you have your healthcard I would find a doctor and talk with them about it. Maybe the doctor would have someone who you could talk to about recovery times, at least give you an idea about how long you'd have to wait for the surgery itself. With covid so many surgeries have been put on hold there is a very real possibility that you may not even be looking at a date for the surgery before your wedding date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics