Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Krista
Frequent user July 2018 Alberta

29 days and counting!

Krista, on June 28, 2018 at 10:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

I'm so excited I can hardly contain it. I'm also getting stuck. Surprise! So last night I decided the 1 thing a day approach is do-able and is realistic.

Okay so for anyone who is close and is freaking out that there is sooooo much to be done (hand is held up high right here in the front row)- here is a Tip.

Make an excel chart -

Task | Quantify difficulty (easy/med/high) | date to complete it by | Costs

1. Assign Who will do which task

2. Organize it by level difficulty. Put it in perspective.

3. Gather a tally of total funds needed - spending money is an emotional decision so having the money set aside takes this out of the equation. It also helps you recognize if you "need it" right away so you don't have to make that purchasing decision at the time.

Objective: DO ONE THING PER DAY!
The day will come on its own and you will have a plan - pace yourself ladies. We're almost there!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on July 5, 2018 at 14:32
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great advice! I made a excel chart right away and it has made staying on top of everything so much easier!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so helpful! Sounds like you've got everything under control Krista! Best of luck to you Smiley smile

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You're apeakkg my language! Qe are doing a debt free wedding so we have had excel sheets, budgets, and game plans since day 1 and it's the best thing I've ever done! I think my heart skipped a beat when I read this hahah
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smart call on one day progress of tasks each day. Your organization skills are good and i was the same by making wedding/reception/decor lists and bags packed based on what was being done.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is awesome! Love the chart idea! So exciting your so close to your big day!! ❤️
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Full agree!! I have a master excel document that's filled with everything! And I have print outside of my timeline and checklist for both my fiance and me so we can review at any time! One step at a time is the best way for sure!!!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using excel to plan out vendors, guests, etc already! Will definitely be doing something similar to this when the day gets closer!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is great!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely love this idea - and I love charts so this will be a great thing to have... now to make time to make the chart.... lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics