Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Robyn
Super June 2019 Ontario

28 days to find a new dress...

Robyn, on May 18, 2019 at 08:18 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
I had my third fitting for my wedding dress and it actually looks worse than it did before 🤣 I know it's insane, but today I'm on the hunt for a new dress. Going to keep my mind open and my fingers crossed. Appreciate any positive thoughts you can spare for me today 💖

16 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on May 21, 2019 at 15:54
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gotta love the FH right? I don't know how many times mine has been able to pull me out of a mood or fix something with such ease!

Glad to hear that your original dress is going to work out - fingers are all crossed for you!!

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you find a dress?
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you - you too! Let us know how it goes đź’–
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am glad he was able to help you threw this tough time! Good for you standing up and saying what you need! I am the same way and hard for me to do. Fingers crossed all goes well Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey everyone! I Sorry for the silence but THANK YOU so much for the positive vibes, they must have worked their magic because things have worked out... but in a very different way than I expected.

I went to 6 bridal shops in the Vaughan/Woodbridge area and couldn't find anything on the rack that I liked (weirdly, everything I did like was champagne or blush, and the only request my FH had made was that I wear white or off white). So I was just about to start looking at department stores when my FH called me and asked what I was thinking. He very patiently listened to me cry, then gave me a pep talk over the phone. The gist - you paid for the dress and you paid for alterations, so you march in there and demand results. (He's amazing Smiley heart )

It wasn't easy, but I did it (the owner was very offensive and only started to listen to me when I mentioned reviews). The end result is that I will be getting a completely new bodice custom made to actually fit me. I'm cautiously optimistic, but really, nothing can be worse than what I wore at the last fitting. So I'm actually really happy.

(But seriously, anyone who hasn't bought their dress yet... please don't go to Mona Richie. Trust me.)

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no , Robyn this is disheartening but not impossible to find a new dress you love. I don't how you feel about ordering online but I've heard really great things about JJ'S House, some of the reviews say they got their dress in a week after ordering. Wishing you luck in your new search.
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where are you located? Toronto? Vaughan?
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you find anything?? Update us!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You got this!! It's definitely not impossible but you will probably have to just get off the rack, unless they somehow manage to be able to order it in that short of time! Anything is possible! Best of luck and keep us updated!!!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no!
    You can do it!! Sending you all the positive thoughts!
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sending positive vibes and well wishes.
    I am sorry you have to go through this.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, no. I'm so sorry. Smiley sad

Best of luck! You'll look beautiful in whatever you choose!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh noo! That must be so disappointing. Wishing you all the luck in the world!

• HĂ©lène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry the dress didn't work out.

I wish I had suggestions on where to look, but my Alberta suggestions won't help you. Smiley sad

If Amanda-Lina's doesn't have anything, are there any consignment shops around? My first dress (yep, I bought another one...) that I bought at a sample sale is currently in a bridal consignment shop. They also have one-offs and ordered-but-not-picked-up dresses from some of the local boutiques.

Good luck with it all!! I am sending all the positive vibes I can to you on your quest for your new dress!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awww Robyn!!

Im so sorry it didn’t work out Smiley sad

Amanda-Lina’s had amazing dresses when I got my dress. I couldn’t recommend them more.

I really hope you find something you love!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics