Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ryleigh
Newbie June 2025 Ontario

2025 wedding

Ryleigh, on December 12, 2023 at 12:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 5
Hey everyone!

My fiancé and I are getting married in October, 2025. Im starting to plan now so I don’t have to endure soo much stress the year of.
Any tips on what comes first ? When should I send out the save the dates & invitations!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by AM N, on December 19, 2023 at 12:10
  • AM N
    Newbie June 2025 British Columbia
    AM N ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a 2025 bride! We haven't decided on a date just yet tho! I litrally have no idea where to begin.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No worries! I hope everything goes well on your tour so you can at least have a secured date and place! That's the biggest step because afterwards you can start booking everything else Smiley smile

• Ryleigh
    Newbie June 2025 Ontario
    Ryleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Brittany,

This really helped!! Im grateful for your response - I'm getting ahead of the game just to ease some stress. We have our venue tour on Friday (wish us luck!) but it’s good to know that the save the dates shouldn’t even go out until next October - I’m getting too excited haha!
    Thanks again for your message,
    Ryleigh
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ryleigh! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

First I would discuss budget with your fiancé and once you have come up with a number, start looking at venues ASAP to book your wedding date. You should not be sending any save the dates until you have a confirmed location for your ceremony and reception on a confirmed date.

Once you get a venue for the wedding - you would start looking into photography, catering & drinks, dj/entertainment. Flowers you usually have to wait until a year before the wedding so that would be a fall 2024 task. You can start looking at styles and themes of weddings that you like so you can get an idea.

Save the dates are sent maximum a year before the wedding so you can send them out in October of 2024 - once you book a photographer they usually offer a free engagement session of photos that you can use on the save the date.

Invites are only send 3-4 months before the wedding so I would send them June the earliest.

Hope this helps somewhat!

• Ryleigh
    Newbie June 2025 Ontario
    Ryleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally spelt wedding wrong** lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics