Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jnnj
Beginner September 2024 Ontario

2024 Brides!!!

Jnnj, on November 27, 2022 at 09:54 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
When did y’all start shopping for your dresses? Or did you start already or no?

Also, are you going to have reception dress?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on March 27, 2023 at 08:52
  • Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married in March 2024, we're having a destination wedding, and I bought mine this past Saturday!!!!
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wife started looking over a year before. She said yes to the dress 11 months before the wedding.

For the bridesmaids/MOH it was closer to the time; they started looking in May for a September wedding and found dresses pretty fast, including 2 excellent ones on sale.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, as exciting as it was to dress shop, i did dread it. I don't normally wear dresses/skirts. I started looking online and I had 2 styles in mind before trying anything on and I wound up with a completely opposite style. Who knew?? LOL I went dress shopping/booking 2 weeks after I got engaged.

I do have a reception outfit as well. Just a simple white one piece romper (tank and pants)!

Go whenever, Buy whenever - whatever makes you happy.

• Sira
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Sira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I try and avoid the super high end shops sadly because I already know some of them are out of my price range for sure!
    If you aren't sure what price ranges the store offers? Ask them before making the appointment and just inquire what price points their bridal dresses Start at and go up to.This will give you a great idea on not only if they have stuff in the price block you are looking for, but also if they have a nice array of options in Different price ranges to actually Choose from!

I'm more nervous on what if I can't find any dresses I can even FIT into to try on?!?!I feel most sample stuff is made for much smaller ladies than myself Smiley sad So making appointments makes me nervous too. Especially since I don't have a female bestie to tag along for real opinions on dresses haha 😅

• Jnnj
    Jnnj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I made an appointment for January just too look around. Just the thought of it is making me nauseous.
    Nauseous in a way that what if the boutique im going doesnt offer dresses within my price range 😭
  • Jnnj
    Jnnj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omggg!! Im very much leaning towards A line as well. But with me being indecisive i’ll probably try other designs too. Thank you so much for your response Smiley smile
  • Jnnj
    Jnnj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh thank you! That give me perspective of the timeline. Smiley smile
  • Sira
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Sira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been looking for sure!
    Haven't managed to try much on as I'm finding most places demand appointments only or are online... But I've seen a few I've really loved n considered.I know I'm going to have a hard time so I definitely started looking early.The joke being... the first store I dragged my partner in to? I picked out one suit from across the store, he tried it on and it not only Looked Amazing on him, but it FIT perfectly! He said he actually really loved it n felt like royalty.We're going to start making appointments after the holidays and see about my dress ♡
    So excited!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Amanda, I would buy when ever you find the one! If you haven't started looking yet, it may be an idea so start looking around, maybe hop in a few to find out what style/fit you like. But I wouldn't buy till at least a year out. A lot of brides post here about buying their dress earlier than normal and then have dress regret leading up to their wedding.

Heck I was one of those brides and my second dress was the complete opposite of the first dress I bought.

I initially bought a mermaid, sparkle, lace, beading with straps dress. My second dress is strapless, mountain peaks neckline, Mikado plain A-line dress with pockets and a slit. That was less than a year difference!

But my best friend who isnt getting married until summer of 2024 went looking in June and it was a blast for her to try on so many different dresses and to actually find what really suits her. She cannot wait to buy next summer!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would buy your dress whenever you want! If you find the one, buy it! There's no harm in buying early!

When I bought my wedding dress for my first wedding date (August 8 2020) I had purchased it in January 2019 and it took 7 months for it to come in and then it took 2 months for alterations to be complete.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics