Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Avery
Beginner August 2022 Manitoba

2022 Weddings - Manitoba

Avery, on February 1, 2021 at 19:15 Posted in Manitoba 1 2

Hey everyone.

I am at a bit of a standstill with my planning. My fiance and I are planning to get married Aug. 20, 2022 but I am worried about how many people we will be able to invite. Our list of people we want is around 108, however with how restrictions are right now it's tough to say how many people we would be able to have. We have a couple venues in mind but I wanted to see what others were doing; are you planning for numbers to get back to normal or are you planning for a smaller wedding and throwing a larger party at a later time?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on February 10, 2021 at 19:55
  • Sarah
    Newbie May 2022 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Avery! I'm getting married on May 28 2022 (I'm however located in Quebec) and like you I've been getting more and more nervous about Covid. For now, we are still planning as if by then the restrictions will be over and we're assuming we'll be able to have our 180 guests. This might be naive of us, but we're keeping positive and hoping the vaccination campaign progresses as planned and that we'll all be vaccinated by this time next year. For now we only booked our venue (which is also outdoors) and photographer + videographer and will wait in a few months to book the rest when we have a better idea of how the situation is evolving!

• Shelly
    Curious July 2022 British Columbia
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Avery! Congrats on your engagement! Smiley love I am also getting married in 2022 (July 31) and feel a bit nervous about it as well. My fiancé and I have been planning as if covid would still be around (of course fingers crossed things will be better by then). We have booked a fully outdoor venue (hence the summer date) just to make physical distancing easier if needed- our ideal guestlist is also around 110 people. We have made an alternative guestlist for only 50 people as a back up. I think the planning really depends on what you and your fiancé imagine for your day. For us, we know we will get married on July 31 2022 no matter what, even if it ends up being an elopement (we don't want a long engagement). We have a few friends who are also planning for weddings in 2021 and 2022 and most are either doing a micro wedding/elopement or planning for a reception party the next year, although 2022 is definitely looking more promising!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics