Is is to early to start planning ?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Clare, on September 10, 2020 at 01:43
  • Clare
    Frequent user August 2021 Manitoba
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s never too early , there’s so much planning to do. I just got engaged and I have started buying things like the Flowers we will be using , small items that can easily be forgotten.
  • DeeB
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    DeeB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Celine,
    I literally did the same thing when I got engaged, LOL. Best of luck with your planning Smiley smile

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged over a month ago and I just did a marathon venue visits (9 in 2 days) while I’m off work this week. Some places already had multiple dates booked in 2022. I am hoping to choose and book my venue by the end of this month. And then I will start on the photographer and DJ. That way the biggest chunk is out of the way and I can start visualizing my reception as I plan to DIY most of my decor. I will also be DIYing my invites so the more time ahead of me the better. Happy planning!
  • DeeB
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    DeeB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not. My wedding is set for May 2022, and I've already booked the venue. I'm now in the process of booking my photography & videography. Better to start early so you have a better chance of getting what you want.
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not at all! We are 2023 and booked the venue, bought out rings and attire and are putting the depoait on the photographer this year because theyre the most important to us. Locked in good rates and deals that way too. If you haven't, start a wedding specific Pinterest board with your venues, photographers, musicians, ideas for decor / hair / makeup and dresses / grooms attire.
  • J
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% not to early as postponed weddings have taken over 2021 and even trickling into 2022. One officiant isn’t even available already for 2022 for my wedding.
  • Happy Fiancée
    Newbie August 2024 Ontario
    Happy Fiancée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think so but it all depends on you.

We have very little help in planning anything, are funding everything ourselves and, even better, have absolutely no idea what we're doing. We're aiming for 2022, possibly 2023 depending on the budget and I am already starting the planning. I won't book anything for quite a while but I have been contacting vendors to get a rough idea of what we need to budget and narrow down some things.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never too early to start planning, especially if places book up quickly where you live. (Venues didn't here in NS, but photographers here book 18+ months sometimes in advance)
    Early start gives you time to read reviews and weigh options, and, also with everything surrounding COVID going on, some things might take longer than they normally would. Extra time = less stress :-)

• Joanna
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Joanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say no!
    I got engaged last July and started planning right away. Some vendors (hair/makeup) and even some venues didn’t have price lists for 2021 yet but that was only a handful.
    I always heard “wow, you’re so on top of it!” And little did I know a global pandemic would happen. I’m SO glad I got a big items booked when I did because I think everyone who postponed plus new brides will be competing for vendors ****. Also, as long as you’re decisive and not likely to change your mind, go for it!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not too early!

You can get a lot of the big stuff like venue, photographer, catering picked and booked because you're less likely to change your mind about those things. Booking in 2020 might get you lower prices too, and since a lot of 2020 brides have pushed their dates to 2021 many newly engaged couples are booking for 2022 so some dates might get snatched up.
    I would leave the dress and decor until a little closer incase trends change and so you don't spend 2 years seeing other dresses after buying one. I know if I planned my wedding two years ago it would look very different from what I have in mind now.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never early to start planning.

Getting the big vendors done is easier and than the smaller vendors and décor ideas to follow. Venues are always getting booked as soon as possible when your ready.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, No!
    I started planning as early as you did and it helped as I got discounts for booking in advance. I had TIME to shop around and find the best costing and the best customer service.

It also helps if you have to make down depositis as it makes it less stressful as time comes closer. I planned in advance and sadly have to postpone AGAIN until next year, so my wedding is ready from start to finish lol, its nice to just sit back and wait now, and watch things go in place as time gets closer.
    Just make sure you keep track of everything, print your invoices and make a folder for your wedding, or save them on your computer if you prefer that.
    I think it is a great time to start ! Good luck girl, and if you need anything I am here.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning is more than just booking vendors and paying deposits. One of the main things is to create a vision and budget for it. Even though you're still a while away from your wedding date, it's not to early to come up with concepts and see how much they will cost you. It will certainly help with narrowing down your vendor choices when you do start the booking process. So I say plan away.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you don't want to start too early, it's always good to look at different things like photographers, DJ, Cake, Vendor prices and see what your comfortable with and your vision for your big day. It's always great to shop around! I pretty much did that with every single one of my vendors until I found the perfect fit

• Vienna
    Newbie August 2022 Manitoba
    Vienna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I come from a small town so I wouldn’t worry bout venues being booked too much ... I just don’t want to start too early
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's never too early to start planning! I started my planning 2 and a half years before my wedding date (which we've had to postpone until next summer now)

A lot of vendors and venues start booking up to 2 years even 3 years in advance. It's always good to get your dates booked with your vendors and venue because they will fill up fast!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics