Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shyan
Curious January 2021 British Columbia

2021 Weddings

Shyan, on September 11, 2020 at 11:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 45
Hey ladies !

Just wondering how everyone is feeling about their 2021 weddings with 50+ guests ?
It seems the cases are going back up again and that my guest list is too large ... but hoping I won’t have to postpone.
How is everyone else feeling ?

45 Comments

Latest activity by Patricia, on November 14, 2020 at 19:07
  • Patricia
    Newbie April 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am with you there!! The big vendors have been booked, my BMs have their dresses, and I'm holding on to my save the dates. Virtuals hugs to you as well!

• Sabrina
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally feel the same way! But let's try to keep positive!!
  • J
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel so much for everyone here. We're in a similar situation, we postponed our July wedding to June 2021 but already had everything done, booked and bought and invites out when we pulled the plug this spring. We've sent a change the date but haven't planned anything further because how can we? We don't know if we'll be allowed 100 or 20 guests, whether dancing will be banned or a vaccine will be rolled out. The best we can do for now is wait and hope. Virtual hugs and support to all you brave brides and grooms, it's reassuring to know we're not alone.
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was completely in La La land up until today thinking I would be fine to have a 200 guest count next June. I have scheduled all my vendors, venue, bought my dress and most of my BM have their dresses as well. With our wedding party, vendors and just our parents we are at 32 people. We are out doors but if I am honest as of today I am feeling the stress....I have my save the dates, do I send them out, do I wait? Sigh....Virtual hugs to you all....

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear ya! I jumped the gun and bought my invites and paid for the venue and got my dress all in the first couple months of being engaged. Even got our sign which is now also useless with our August date. I think for sure though if you have a vision and are willing to wait for that then you should do it!!
    PS i love lala land. Its a happy place to be Smiley winking
  • Rebecca
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL so true!!! 😭😭 it’s so hard to predict at this point, and it’s so hard for us to plan accordingly. Like do I want to spend money on invites? Do I buy a dress now that I may have to wait 2 years to wear? Everything is so up in the air and I feel like it just hit me haha I was in la la land thinking my 200 guest count would be happening next summer.
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also to depends on a potential second wave and what your health official says is allowed. Its crazy that we are planning arpund people saying what we can and cant do. I feel like a 5 year planning my own birthday party and my moms telling me no! Haha
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think thats great that you havent swnt your invites yet! I wish I waited because now we have a hard task. Atleast by January you will have a good idea of whata to come! Fingers crossed for some good in 2021!
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that all depends on if a vaccine comes out or not. Its really hard to say at this point!
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m thinking best case scenario 100! But if there is a vaccine maybe they will allow more !
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If there is a second wave I don’t think we will get more than 50 but my invites don’t go out till January so we will see !
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love your positivity 🥰 we so need that during times like these! So just to be clear and get my head out of the clouds - there’s likely no way I’m going to have 200 guests at my July 2021? Maybe 100 if I’m lucky?
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your insight!! That’s for next May?
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I cut my guest list to 45 just to be safe! And switched to a backyard cause my venue is closed!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you think it will be 50 people by next May?! I was so hopeful we would be back to regular numbers
  • Audrey
    Newbie April 2023 Florida
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Decided to postpone it, however I was up to make a honeymoon and that's all, my future husband said that would be kinda disrespectful for my parents and his as well...

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Luckily my venue offers money back up to a month before the wedding. It really upset me to hear that other brides havent been so lucky with there venues. It just doesnt seem fair.

• Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right !!! So frustrating they don’t give money back either ...
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ughh so frustrating! i feel you! we have been discussing that too! seems to be the popular choice during all this!

• Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah ! My venue closed ... again LOL.. so I think we are just gonna move to a backyard wedding to save the stress of “will they be open”
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha very true! we only have the 2 photographers to count towards luckily! But we already sorta had them counted in there anyways because they count towards the caterer too. Right nowmy venue only holds 36 people inside. So thats the stressful part right now! unless we got tents and did it all outside.

• Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also spoke to my marriage commissioner and he said the 50 people includes the bride and groom, photographer, videographer, commissioner, day of coordinator so it’s more like 40 guests 😅
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our date is May 2021 and having already post poned (like many others) we dont really want to do it again. We have already sent out the invites so we will be cutting our list back from 80 to the 50 and sending some very sad cards to all that were cut Smiley cry We just dont have the time to keep putting it off (want more babies Smiley laugh Smiley tongue ). We decided that we will do a vow renewal and have our party we wanted down the line sometime haha.

• Kirsty
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Kirsty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Half of my guest list is from the UK as that is where I am from. We have already postponed once, our wedding was supposed to be in 3 weeks and is now booked for Oct 2021. If people can't make it we are going ahead on that date regardless. We will adjust the guest list at the time if we need to. It's a year away, a lot of things can happen in that time frame so I'm not too worried at the moment.
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are scheduled for June 2021 and thankfully we are entirely outdoors. We are planning for 200 people, and are sending out our save the dates later this month. I think at this point everyone understands the situation surrounding the pandemic and will be understanding if we have to reduce our guest list. That being said my fiancé and I have agreed, regardless of how many people we can invite we will be going ahead with at least our ceremony on our original date. If we have to hold a reception at a later date, that is what we will do. I am cautiously optimistic as it is still 9 months away.

• Christina
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date is July 2021 and we are definitely concerned about having to potentially postpone again or guest count restrictions. We decided not to send out invites until at least Jan/Feb, and have made sure the core invitees/family members know well in advance. At the end of the day this is out of our control and after going through it once, we’ve decided to roll with the punches as try to be as easygoing and relaxed as possible about next year. Our guests will understand.
  • R
    Newbie July 2021 British Columbia
    Raveen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're scheduled for July 9, 2021 and have sent 100 save the dates. We sent them out because we want our guests to be able to secure their 100% refundable rooms at the out of town resort. We are hoping for 150 guests, but if course we have no idea if it will be allowed. If we're allowed bigger groups by that time, we'll invite 50 more and if it's still only 50, we'll do an awkward walk back of 50 invitations.
  • Lauren
    Newbie August 2021 British Columbia
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to do a 2021 wedding but one of my closest family members lives in the UK. Who knows when international flights will be running again 🙄 so we will see how things go. Probably will be looking at 2022 unfortunately
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I postponed our August 8 2020 wedding back in may to August 7 2021. If things are still the same by next summer, we're going ahead with our wedding. If it's 75 people or 50 people, we will just have to adjust to the new normal and go from there. We both don't want to postpone another year. We've already been engaged for 2 and a half years

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh...well, unless things improve dramatically, a good chunk of your out of towners are likely not attending so that will cut your list down. And for those who were intending to attend, I'm sure once you explain how covid is impacting your rules, they'll understand. Here's hoping they haven't booked the flight.

Whatever happens, good luck managing it!

• Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No because I sent them out before covid was a thing .. I have a lot of out of town guests so I wanted to give ample time
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm...Presumably you did so with a note saying covid pending or something along those lines. Did you send them to more than 50?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics