Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shyan
Curious January 2021 British Columbia

2021 Weddings

Shyan, on June 10, 2020 at 11:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hello!

Hope everyone is staying safe out there !
I was just wondering if any 2021 brides have already/ planning to move or postpone their weddings? I know it seems far away but with the guest list I have we we would need to be in phase 3 or 4 of re opening and that doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon ... 😔

16 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on June 11, 2020 at 13:42
  • Kelsie
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From my perspective I think 2021 will likely be okay as there will likely be a vaccine for then. I am in Alberta so the phases of reopening are little different than BC right now - but my fiance and I have decided to continue with our wedding ceremony that we have planned for this year on Saturday, September 19 (which we booked almost 2 years ago) with only immediate family members and our bridal parties/groomsmen. We will likely be live streaming it for guests.

However, we have chosen to postpone our reception to next year on Saturday, September 4, 2021 where we will renew our vows and celebrate with all our friends and family. We have close to a 300 person guest list so trying to scale everything down for a small gathering this year was just not possible. Plus we have been engaged for a long time already (2.5 years) so we didn't want to postpone the ceremony itself.

We are hopeful by next year that we will be able to have the wedding we envisioned! If there are still restrictions by then we will probably just cancel the party but at least we will already be married.

So many of us are in the same boat. I am sure it will be okay Smiley heart

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its nice we all look out for each other to know we are doing well and keeping safe.

The 2021 hopefully should be back to large gathering by the looks of the numbers rising little by little this year without anymore hold backs. Its just a shame the guest list for every couple has to be cut down or be redecided to alter to restaurants if venues are not an option.

I hope everything is working out for you and you do have the day as planned with the guest count taken in account. That goes for every couple on here too.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were starting to move our wedding to 2021. im thinking summer or beyond. i feel like early next year we wont be able to have 100+ gatherings. it took 3 months to go from 5 people to 10 so i cant see in 6 months going to hundreds of people.

• Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amelia !

Sorry you had to move your date ❤️
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally get this fear - I keep saying to all my people who ask why we have not just postponed to make it easier, and my response is always there is no certainty around next year being any better then the current situation - the messages from the governments and leaders is just super gloomy so I can understand the constant stress.

That being said, all we can do is hope for the best and a year is a loooong time away so I would just take some deep breaths and not give it much concern until 2021. ALOT can and ALOT will change between now and then, that is just how it goes.

• Patricia
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have postponed to 2021, and if it doesn’t work out next year then we are cancelling and eloping. I don’t think you need to be worried about 2021, especially summer and onwards. There is already talks of a vaccine possibly coming out by the end of 2020. Social distancing can’t go for years here..... and if this still is a problem in 2021 I think the world has bigger problems lol

You’ll be ok Smiley smile
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We rebooked our wedding to June of next year. If things are still bad by February 2021 we will just fully cancel the party and elope. I don't think you need to worry until 3 or 4 months before the date.
    I'm a little concerned about a second wave preventing large gatherings even if shops are still open. But it's too soon to know what will be going on next year.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We postponed our reception to 2021, and I don't want to push it again so if next year has similar restrictions we will just not have the party.

It's so early to make decisions about 2021. A lot of us had hoped (and still hope) that things will be more normal and easier for the late 2020 couples. You should try not to worry yet, as we have all seen a lot can happen and change in a few months!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We postponed our 2020 wedding and I will be damned if we don’t get married in 2021.I don’t care what kind of restrictions are happening or how much we have to scale back the guest list we are doing it. I’m confident that 2021 will be all good for all of us brides just thing positive ♥️
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what you mean! My fiance and I postponed our August 8 wedding to August 7 2021 in Kelowna. I'm being very optimistic that things will turn out for the best by next summer!

• Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Amanda!
    I hear you !
    Just worries me not knowing ya know? Haha
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think it's a little to early to think about that. So many things can change from now until next year and not to mention even a year from now. Try not too stress too much! Smiley smile

• Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You have a very good point !
    Thank you 💛☺️
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Indeed Smiley sad but here’s to hoping it’s much better by then as it’s not attainable to continue in lockdown Smiley smile
  • Shyan
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I appreciate the comforting words !! 💕
    These are some crazy times.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Too early for that. Keep in mind we’re only halfway into the year and so much can change in a few months. I would start working closer to October if wedding is in January... for now, try not to stress Smiley smile many places are not allowing re-books for 2022 as it’s too far in advance

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics