Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carly
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

2021 planning?

Carly, on August 24, 2020 at 13:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hey Ladies,

I’m getting married in sept 2021 and we plan to have approx 150 guests (this was a pre Covid number). When do you think I should be sending out save the dates/invites? I am hesitant to send them sooner rather than later in case the size of the restrictions doesn’t increase.
Looking forward to hearing what my fellow fall 2021 brides are doing!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Clare, on September 10, 2020 at 01:39
  • Clare
    Frequent user August 2021 Manitoba
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in the same boat & conflicted with when to send out invites & save-the-date . I asked a few people and they suggested early next year but ideally I want to provide ppl with 3-6months notice because we are planing on having a bridal shower and wedding back to back.

Arghhh I wish COVID would just go away already lol
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married in June 2021. We are going to send save the dates soon, but probably not to everyone we were going to if COVID had not hit. That way, when we know what restrictions look like next spring when it's time to send out invites, we can add to the guest list instead of having to potentially take away invites to those that received save the dates.

I'm planning on the pretense that things will be more or less normal by next summer (mostly for my own mental health and happiness).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say June 2021 so you can have your guests RSVP within 6 weeks to give you time to make final count put into a seating chart and vendors communication for the last part before the day.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I postpone our August 8 wedding to August 7 2021 I would wait until the new year. That way you kinda have an idea how the year is gonna be. Things might chance for the worst again or it could chance for the better. We should have a better site of eyes in the new year for numbers for a wedding

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if it were me I would wait. This year has taught us that a lot can change in a few months, so waiting can give you a better picture of what 2021 might look like.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you can wait until the new year, I would just do that. I think it is so hard to plan for guest counts at the moment as things keep changing and no one knows what it is really going to be like.

I don't think that come January 1 2021 we will know 100% either but I think there might be a better idea of how things look in terms of progress.

It sucks not knowing how to plan for things yet.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Regardless of pandemic, 12+ months is quite early to send out invites. Do you have a lot of travelers? If not, I would hold off on sending invites until you and your venue get a better idea of what's allowed.

We're foregoing save the dates due to the pandemic and invites will be sent out three months before. Like Kelcie, we'll have a better idea of allowable numbers by that point.

• Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married October 23 of next year and I’m not letting Covid affect my planning. Some people may say that I’m being naïve, but that will be a year and a half after the pandemic began. I’m very hopeful that things will be back to normal by my wedding date. Although I am getting concerned about the boarders being open by then, meaning we’ll have to change our honeymoon plans. But other than that, I’m sticking to our guest count of 130!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m September 4, 2021 and I think FH and I were discussing May. By then we’ll have a good idea of what’s going on with Covid too if we need to cancel or whatever by then.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have postponed to August 2021 and I am currently struggling with this. I actually just sat down to look at our guest list and try to piece together a A-B-C List and I don't even know where to begin. We are currently at 30 here in Saskatchewan but I'm hoping by next August we can have our full amount as we won't be postponing again. But one really cannot plan for a maybe number not knowing. And those who we provided plus ones to originally do I take those away now to help lower numbers. Trying to make plans for a year from now is really difficult with all of the unknowns. The only thing I can think of doing now to make the process easier is making a wedding website for guests to follow if things do change.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics