Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arexy
Devoted October 2020 Ontario

2020 Weddings under new restrictions

Arexy, on July 24, 2020 at 08:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Is your venue doing passed hor d’oeuvres? I was told by a winery that they are not doing those during cocktail hour due to restrictions

7 Comments

Latest activity by Abdul & Mikassa, on July 30, 2020 at 16:53
  • Abdul & Mikassa
    Beginner May 2021 Alberta
    Abdul & Mikassa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I work for a company that deals with event planning and I know right now we are offering either walk-around appetizers or our appetizers served in individual little cups. So for example we cannot do a charcuterie board so we are doing individual charcuterie cups, that way the guests still can enjoy their appetizers but there is a much lower chance of virus transmission. But then again it’s different for every province!
  • Morgan
    Beginner June 2021 Ontario
    Morgan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a cocktail reception (in 2021 so hopefully we don't have to worry about this) but our venue has suggested that guests are assigned seating within their social bubble (10 people in ontario) and hors d'oeuvres will be served more family style on platters in the middle of each table. This would ensure no one who shouldn't be touching each other are touching each other's food while still getting a choice on which and how much you want of each option!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Times of Covid are becoming restricted with what is allowed to do and what isn't with their service provided. They want to make sure their staff isn't getting in the middle of the crowd serving food. Its a time of keeping safe and protected.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Restrictions vary province to province, but that seems like a reasonable restriction to me and I wouldn't be surprised if the winery isn't legally allowed to do that. Passed hor d’oeuvres involve many people reaching for food on the same platter and also many people breathing/talking around food that someone else will eat. Can they offer a station set up where an individual serves the hor d’oeuvres and guests can bring them back to their table?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It might also just be a logistical impossibility. If you're supposed to wear a mask indoors at all times other than when you're sitting and eating, a cocktail hour with passed around hor d’oeuvres would be counter-intuitive to that. Not to mention the number of fingers touching the platter when picking up the food.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue said if we want ahead with the wedding this year that we would not be able to do our butlered cocktail hour as planned. So I think it is a new restriction unfortunately

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've heard a few people mention plated appetizers. I'm not sure if that means that you get a premade plate or if there would be someone adding things to a plate (ceteria style) for you.

We pushed our reception to next year, hopefully by then we can have passed apps, if not we will adjust our plans a bit.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics