Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

2019 is huge for me!

Peggy, on December 4, 2018 at 10:19 Posted in Alberta 0 5

I know this board is for wedding planning, and I am currently planning my wedding, but I also just got amazing news I wasn't expecting until after my wedding in May.

I got accepted into a highly competitive program - Emergency Communications and Response - at Grant Macewan University! I'm going to be a 911 operator!!! Total change from my job in accounting, but...I'm so excited!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Peggy, on December 5, 2018 at 14:12
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah - I started researching it about 4 months ago; have since gone to the open house for the program at the university, done some research into the job options, etc. Total shift from 18 years in financials (banking, accounting) but I think I need a change!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! I’ve considered it before actually, that’s cool that you are doing it!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I never thought of that at all! That would definitely be difficult. I have a friend that’s a firefighter/paramedic and he said that’s one of the worst parts of the job is not knowing. But again, I think it’s amazing you’re doing it!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I think the hardest part for me will be not knowing what the outcome is after you hang up the phone!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!!! That’s awesome news! Coming from someone who has had to use 911 before, your efforts will never go unnoticed! You’ll be a life line to people and play such an important and amazing roll in society. I wish I could thank the women who was on the phone with me that day!! Again, great job! Best of luck to you on your new path!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics