Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Master October 2020 New Brunswick

199 days to go!

Amelia, on March 17, 2020 at 21:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Only 199 days left until our wedding!

Does anyone have any exciting wedding news or something they're looking forward to? I feel like a lot of us are stressed with all the uncertainty and chaos so give me some good news if you've got it!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Alix, on March 20, 2020 at 17:49
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm 91 days away. I'm a little nervous but trying to stay optimistic. Maybe finishing the signs I started painting for the big day will help. Maybe get me more excited again and not nervous that it won't happen.
    A few weeks ago I had my first fitting. My dress needs to be taken in quite a bit because I lost weight the last couple of months. Here's some pics, it still has pins in it but I love it! 199 days to go! 1

199 days to go! 2
    199 days to go! 3

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hubby to be's ring just came in today and its absolutely beautiful!!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You look amazing!!!!!!!! That seamstress is crazy haha. Stunning gown, I hope all goes off for you.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your dress is so pretty! You look amazing!! Fingers crossed all events are a go and this COVID disappears shortly.
  • K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m 93 days away (pending pandemic) and had my first dress fitting a few days ago. It fit! I’m happy (even though the seamstress told me I could stand to lose another 10lbs....lol) I just keep looking at the picture and hoping that it’s still a go ❤️199 days to go! 4

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are 150 days away now and I am excited for everything. I havent done much planning with the virus going around but I'm hopeful that things will clear in about 1-2 months. Our country took precautions quickly. China is already recovering two months in, which makes me happy and optimistic.

The closest thing for me is my bridal shower which is June 13th, so I'm looking forward to that too.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Optimism is a good way to look at things and know we are in good health as we go day by day. Its always nice to hear news from family about new additions or things getting done for the day/wedding as the checklist gets smaller.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know. What a way to start a decade!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m optimistic it’ll be over by May!! Fingers crossed! It’s been an interesting 2020 thats for sure!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I want to do a framed print as a guestbook. This is what I had in mind:
    199 days to go! 5
    We might order one from Etsy or the friend who is designing our invitations said she could make something that matches.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm hoping by June the travel restrictions will be lifted. FH's parents are coming in from Wisconsin and his siblings from Newfoundland. We will see!
  • C
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have the same wedding date Smiley smile

I was able to celebrate my bachelorette back home in Alberta with my sisters who live in different parts of the country/world. It was a touch early, but the only time all 3 of us will be together before the wedding. Even though the majority of my friends couldn't make it (sick kids at home or away on holidays) it was a blast to go out with my best friend, my sisters and Mom. I hadn't seen my Mom line dance until that night lol
    Have you picked out a 'guest book'? After the photographer that is the other major physical memory piece ....
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s exciting your shower is coming up too! Will your FHs family have any issues flying in if COVID keeps up (which I sincerely hope it doesn’t!)?!

Invitations are so exciting!! We’re still struggling to get our deposit back with our original people - sigh - c’est la vie I suppose at this point.
    We’re so pumped for the house. As soon as we move I can start looking for positions closer to home which will be exciting!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A little nervous to start lol. I think once I get going it will be fine.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is exciting! I can't wait to see how your flowers turn out. I feel quite invested in the whole project since you first mentioned it.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my stem covers to make my flowers lol. Not the most exciting thing but I can start to put my flowers together. I haven't painted any of the flowers yet. Something to do while there's not much to do 😃
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My shower is planned for June! My fiance's family will be in the province so we're having it then.

We are still working on our invitations. Between our schedules and catching colds I haven't had a chance to meet with the friend who has offered to design them for us. She is working on some mock ups while she works from home!
    Buying a house is so exciting. And such a whirlwind. We bought ours and started new jobs in the same month and the whole month was a blur.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As of right now my bridal shower is May 3!! So closing in on that - hopefully won’t have to postpone.

And then we close on our house less than two weeks later!! SO EXCITED FOR THAT!
    What’s next on your to do list?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics