Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Discussion closed

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

17 days out, haven’t heard from caterer

Alyx, on September 12, 2022 at 11:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Saved
So my caterer said final payment is September 15 (we’re getting married on the 30th). I tried to email him about where to send transfer and no answer that was in July btw. Then I tried to email him about final guest count this morning and I got this reply
17 days out, haven’t heard from caterer 1

This is a very large caterering company in Calgary. He was telling me just how booked they were last fall at our tasting. He has also been slow with replies in the past so I feel like I’m kinda used to it but at the same time all my vendors have contacted me more than twice to make sure everything is good with us. There’s a part of me that’s like oh crap he forgot about us lol. I don’t want to call him if it not an emergency, should I wait till the 15th and then call? Lol

5 Comments

Latest activity by Alyx, on September 12, 2022 at 14:56
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just got an email back from him!! We are good now haha thank goodness!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would give them a call, but you have proof that you've tried to reach out to them to make the final payment. Being 17 days in I would be in panic mode as well. Hopefully they will reach out to you soon.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes and I forgot to mention that I tried to email about just finalizing our menu!!! Because that hasn’t even happened 😬😬
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would just call him. My cake lady was very slow with getting back to emails because of the large amount of cakes she had to do so I called and spoke with her right then and there
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dessert vendor has a similar reply on their email, and my final payment was due Sept 8 and she reached out pretty much that day, and I only got my payment through to her today. So if I were you, I'd call if you haven't heard from them by Friday. I do not think they have forgotten you, I just know this is the last stretch of the busy season.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics