Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Your New Year's resolutions for your relationship

Joey, on December 28, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 11

It's nearly 2019! Are you making a New Year's resolution? Does it involve your relationship? Maybe you resolve to go on more date nights. Maybe you resolve to kiss every day. Maybe you resolve to finish everything on your wedding planning checklist - or to talk less about the wedding!

What is your New Year's relationship resolution?

Your New Year's resolutions for your relationship 1

Photo by Judy Nguyen Photography in Toronto

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on December 31, 2018 at 16:36
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is it really bad when I say none. I am not one to do new years resolutions. and neither is he

our goal. finish the wedding stuff without us both wanting to smack each other! hahah (i'm a planner/OCD, he always says maybe or we will see when isn't sure...we can drive each other bonkers). hahah

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Budgeting, for sure... My fiance took 4 months off work this year to go back to school, and we hope that 2019 will be a fresh start for us to take a strong first step towards budgeting and saving.

We are in absolutely no rush to have kids (thinking 5ish years out)... but that's also because we want to be secure, and own our home, before we start a family.

I would never complain about a resolution to have more hugs and kisses though!!! Haha.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've got a head start on improving our relationship, being more honest with each other, and not arguing as badly as we do (when we do argue). It's honestly been nice because it's helped a lot with the stress of the holidays lately.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've had a rough go of things lately, but the thing that always seems to come out the strongest is our relationship and I am so thankful for him. The next year is going to be trying on us too, and our resolution is to just keep fighting for what's important to the both of us. My personal resolution is to focus on the good and not stress over the bad or trying times and keep coming up stronger and stronger
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He has been depolyed for the last 5.5 months or so and will not be home for another couple weeks. We definitely want to make a point of spending quality time together and plan regular "dates". Sometimes our dates may be dinner and a game night with no electronics so we can focus on each other, other times its going out or simply a hike with our dogs.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try to travel once this year and save money. Which seem to contradict each other 😂
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both want to hit the gym more - so we'll motivate and support each other to go more often!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save more money! Both of us need to work on this.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get through our wedding social, my bridal shower, our wedding, all while getting active! I really want to get in shape so that when it comes time to try for a family I won't have weight be a problem.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Stephanie, finish off that wedding checklist even though we have until October.
    But get active together. We both used to be super big into spots and living an active lifestyle. But life gets busy so that has stopped a bit
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Okay well 100% finish our wedding checklist because the wedding is in May! Haha!

Not many resolutions for the new year relationship wise! The wedding and living together will be so unique and new to us!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics