Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marsha
Devoted July 2022 Ontario

Yasss!!! i am a married woman.

Marsha, on August 22, 2022 at 08:20 Posted in Just married 0 14

We did it on Jul 31st, Then went on our honeymoon on Aug 4th until Aug 18th. I have to say what a blissful bubble we have been in.

So our wedding day was magical and I actually am still playing the day in my head and smiling from ear to ear. The moment i woke up at 7am i was a happy bride and calm, the weather was 100% amazing, and Guests were dressed to the T. However; even though the day was magical, we did loose track of time which then led to less dancing, missed photo opportunities, and some speaches not completed. This was the one thing I was the most anxious about and did my best to not make happen. So because it happened find myself ruminating about how come time was not managed better.

I know nothing is perfect and this is why I am still ecstatic about the day and our guests still talk about how much they loved the ceremony, the food, the DJ, and our performances. But when you plan so much and put so much time into the details and then this happens it does make it hard to not think about it (well for me)

So why do I still have my mind on replay with "Marsha, why did the time get the best of us" " Dancing was supposed to start at 9pm but why did it start at 11pm" when what i should be happy about is that i am Mrs Smith now and i have my true love and best friend with me for a lifetime

I appreciate your thoughts

14 Comments

Latest activity by Marsha, on August 26, 2022 at 10:48
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. It's something that tool a few days but I am definitely seeing so much greatness from the day. Our guests are still calling us talking about it
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When you planned to meticulously its hard to see the things you can control went a different way, but I truly see the bigger picture. Everything was organic and am still over the moon
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no way. Here I thought something is wrong with me and why I can't stop. I hope you too are in a place of peace too now
  • Trish
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great to hear :-). Thanks as well for sharing your post, I connected to it because I was also stuck thinking about the could’ve and should’ve lol!
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for this message. It is a nice reminder. I am way better now. It was for a moment that my mind was on replay. Now I def only see how organically perfect it was.
  • Trish
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Huge congrats Marsha on your magical wedding! Couldn't agree with everyone, every wedding has glitches ( I still think about my minor ones too). But keep reminding myself about the most important meaning of the wedding and what it represents for me and my new husband. Wishing you lots of continued joy and happiness as you embark in your happily ever after :-).

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We do. It sucks lol
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for these words. Much appreciated
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm not surprised you get it 😁
    We all fall victim to it!!!!
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I fully understand that, it's just the brain working on its own frequency lol. But each day I play all the good over time the bad won't matter anymore
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Indeed I sure did. I that's what matters.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Marsha!!!!!
    I agree with Amanda, it's all done, what may have gone wrong, is in the past, the future is where you're heading now with your new hubby 🎉❤️
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!
    Jisy know things may not gp as planned though its the celebration you enjoy end of the day.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!!

I honestly wouldn't worry and think about it too much. Every wedding has something that goes wrong and you can't dwell on it. Just remember you got to marry your best friend all the little things don't matter ❤️❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics