Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Savannah
Frequent user April 2020 Ontario

Would Have Been Wedding Day

Savannah, on May 18, 2020 at 19:06 Posted in WeddingWire 0 17
So this coming Saturday was supposed to be my wedding day. While we did our legal ceremony last month due to COVID, I am still disappointed. Approaching the day, seeing how nice the weather is going to be etc just has me bummed out. 🙁 Looking for ideas/suggestions as to how to make the day special and celebrate our would have been day and to feel a bit less bummed out.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlynn, on May 20, 2020 at 22:56
  • Kaitlynn
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sucks, sorry to hear about your cancelled wedding. As others have mentioned, let yourself feel sad/angry/disappointed, these are all normal and valid feelings. Do something nice for each other, make a fancy dinner or order one in, dress up, enjoy the beautiful sunshine and fresh air. Maybe even eat dinner over video chat with some close family/friends or your wedding party? And don't forget dessert!

• Savannah
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely a good idea to do something to keep busy on that day! Here’s hoping we both get to have our special days sooner than later! 🤞🏼
  • Jennifer
    Beginner June 2023 Quebec
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can definitely relate. My wedding day is a month away and it feels like every day leading up to that date is just torture as you keep thinking what you «should be » doing right now leading up to your big day. It’s definitely ok to be sad and it’s not selfish at all. You are still grieving a loss in a different way. A loss of a very special day you had been planning and liking forward to for so long. You need to let yourself feel those feelings. I told my fiancé that we need to plan something special on our wedding day, mostly to keep me busy so I don’t get too stuck in my thoughts. But we still want to honour the date in some way. Hang in there!
  • Savannah
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the suggestions! Definitely did not think of doing a “would be wedding day” photoshoot, what a great idea! I’ll definitely have to see if I can figure something like that out! LOL my mom and Maid of Honor both told me the same thing to just think about the stories we will be able to tell our kids and grandkids about everything! 😂
  • Savannah
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the ideas! I love them all, almost like a way of doing a makeshift get together to celebrate and to make the day as special as possible due to the circumstances!
  • Savannah
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the ideas! Also really appreciate the reassurance that it’s ok to be sad about it. As I mentioned to one of the other girls I replied to, I felt as though it was selfish of me to be upset about it considering all the chaos going on in the world lately it seems like something so little. So definitely appreciate the reassurance and understanding! 😊
  • Savannah
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely am thinking of doing a nice dinner together and just enjoying the day as much as possible! I like your idea of having a tradition or something we’ll do on that day to remember and celebrate! Also thank you for the reassurance that it’s ok to be sad and grieve it! I’ve felt like with the chaos currently going on in the world being upset about my wedding that seems so minuscule compared to the other stuff going on was selfish but I definitely appreciate the understanding and reassurance that it’s ok! 😊
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get dressed up open a bottle of wine and make a steak or a lobster for dinner and get a cake. do a zoom chat with close family and have a drink with them. maybe do a small speech to each other telling each other you love one another

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely agree with everyone else's suggestions... spend some time with the two of you, have a nice dinner or just do something relaxing, and give yourself a little time to be sad about it too if that's what you need! I can totally understand that it's making you feel a little bummed out.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have a picnic with some champagne and order takeout from a favorite local spot so you can have a fancy dinner (or fancy McDonald's if that's your thing) while enjoying that gorgeous weather! Do you think this will be a day you still celebrate for years to come? If you do you could decide to make a tradition or two that you use to recognize the date for years to come.

And if you want to take a few moments to be sad about it, make sure you let yourset be sad if you want to. It's a kind of grief and you're allowed to mourn the day you dreamed of that was taken away by the unexpected.
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can just imagine how you'd be feeling this way. My thought would be to do something fun and special for the two of you, whatever that is - make it something important that you'll remember. Maybe even do a cute "would be wedding day" photoshoot together. Will give you some visual memories to hang on to. I've been trying to remind myself of how we'll be bragging to our grandchildren someday about how we had to make the best of it during this pandemic.

• Savannah
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 💕 Thanks for the suggestions! I definitely think we’ll spend the day together relaxing and enjoying the day as much as possible! I love the idea of dressing up and video chatting with friends/family!
  • Savannah
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww sorry to hear! We postponed our celebration until August hoping things are good by then! 🤞🏼 That’s a great idea, doing something special and romantic the two of you to celebrate! Fingers crossed for your date in September! 🤞🏼
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aww!! My heart is with you girl 💕 I say spoil yourself in any way possible. Order or cook amazing food, pop some champagne, get dressed up, video chat with friends and family, enjoy some sun, have super romantic chats with your fiancé / talk about your wedding, etc.
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2021 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is my original wedding date too : ( we had to move to sept 2020. Fingers crossed.

We are going to order the keg celebration kit and have dinner at home. I plan to set the table nice and have drinks.
  • Savannah
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that idea! Thanks for the suggestion! 😊
  • J. M.
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    J. M. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content